Skip to content

Discuss This No qualifying joy again for Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No qualifying joy again for Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No qualifying joy again for Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi’s bid for a second podium finish of 2013 in Catalunya tomorrow will start from the third row of the grid after the Italian’s difficulties in qualifying continued in scorching hot conditions today. Rossi’s hopes of boosting his rostrum hopes with a vastly improved qualifying performance ended when a lap of 1.41.959 left him only seventh on the grid. He was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 June 2013 16:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

In a room... looking at the numbers

Farnarkle...

Sitting in a room looking at what is very basic figures, without any insider knowledge? It cirtainly does give a basic picture of what may have happened. But bear in mind the massive fallout between Rossi and Ducati. Also bear in mind that Stoner had similar things to say about his relationship to Ducati.

As for your last comments? It is starting to look like Rossi did not have strong competition from 2000 to 2005. 2006 was a qualtifying disaster for Yamaha. 2007 saw the Ducati rocket ship piloted by a fearless Stoner. 2008 saw the others catchup to Ducati performance with Rossi on bridgestones. But when Lorenzo hooked into the Bridestones in 2009? That was when Rossi was pushed to the limit to beat JL.

The question is how long will it take Rossi to get used to the Yamaha and it's electronics? Or is he past it?

Personaly I just want action. With Rossi back in mid-field I hope that's what we will recieve.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

ch987 i think you are being unfair....

on schumacher when you compare his return with rossis current performance, schumachers mercedes was never a genuine championship contender while rossi finds himself back on last years championship winning bike the most complete package in the paddock. If schumachers return was considered to have tarnished his legacy rossis performance over the last 3 years is more akin to taking a big dump on his.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

did anyone else think that rossi was.....

boring, fucking boring, a tiresome bore during this race. RETIRE NOW VALENTINO

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

Not really just a touch slower than the top 3 led to him having a lonely race after cal crashed out. Bautista still needs some new glasses, at least this time his aim wasnt as good and he slid behind rossi rather thanthrough him

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

jeeeess

kinda like watching mugello on repeat! Dani definitely needs to improve the latter part of his race, even the kid is showing him how to ride the Repsol when the tires go off

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Aussie if you had no fossils to study do you think you would have come up with the dinosaurs based on today's creatures?? Probably not. As they say a little information is a dangerous thing. I can categorically confirm you have no idea what was going on on the late 500s and early 990s ... To say that at 35 years old after galf a dozen category changes that Rossi only a 10th or two a lap off the pace with zero data proves anything 10 or 12 years ago just proves well, hasn't there a blackboard back home you can all chalk on???

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

"VR will be there with the fast boys soon, be patient..."

Lol.  Rossitards are hilarious.  Don't hold your breath (unless you're near Wosi, that dude stinks).

Remember how it was just a matter of time until he would win on the Ducati?  Still waiting for that?

Here is the reality.  Rossi doesn't have nearly as much talent as either Jorge, Marquez, or even Pedrosa 2.0.  That's the reality, learn to live with it.

Don't feel bad, though.  He's had a charmed career and cleaned up while he had a mechanical advantage against a weak field.  And he's still on the best bike and should jag a few more podiums so you can flog yourself silly and kid yourself that he's as good as the aliens.

Anyway, glad I could clear that up for you.  You, my pissy deluded forum-mates, are welcome.

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

!!!

why are people still saying vale is riding without data? , is this some kind of major problem that stops his chances of going fast or something? , i remember a bloke that won titles on two different bikes with no data to fall back on , won 10 races on each occasion and hardly missed the podium not to mention buckets full of pole watches to hock off , from what i hear its 80% rider 20% bike so data should not be a problem , a few fast laps at flat out in free practice 1 was all the data that bloke i mentioned needed to provide all the data needed to base the set up for the weekend. but then again that bloke was one of a kind so it may not apply to vale.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices