You are in... Forums > General > General > New fairings from china

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Foxstalker

Jun 13

Foxstalker says:

New fairings from china

Hi all just thought I'd share my experience and knowledge with you all on buying replacement fairings from china. 

DONT BOTHER...Seriously!!!
I got knocked off my 2005 R6 and came back from the insurers as a cat c so thought I'd try ebay and bought one from a seller under the names of "hpstore 2008" or "halfoxstore"...stay away from them there con artists and I got took for a mug by them.
The fairing came and the paint is thin on every panel and can see the white primer underneath, none of the holes match up neither do the panels match up...absolute garbage.
I contacted them and they replied after about 4weeks.
After stringing me along for weeks I told them I wanted a refund but I had to post it back at my expense (£80 postage) so I asked for some refund towards a repaint and offered me £10.
Because they strung me along for so long ebay wont do anything about it as its out of the dispute time window!!!! So I got stuffed for trying to do something on the cheap!!
I wasn't expecting something 100%...this was not even 20% %right.
So if anyone is thinking of buying one from china please think carefully about my post as I would hate them to do the same to another honest stuck for cash rider (im sure there's plenty of us out there in the same boat).
Maybe some of you maybe thinking its my own fault...maybe it is but I couldn't find any posts advising me like im doing with my post.
Hope this has been helpful and I have saved you making the se mistake as I made....Dont do it they are GARBAGE and extremely unhelpful. 

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 June 2013 21:07)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Ouch

Heard similar stories.Mainly that the holes dont match up. I thought about it when someone knocked my bike over whilst it was parked. Ended up getting them plastic welded.

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Cough Up

A long time ago, I mashed up a panel on a CBR600.  It was a pearlescent white, with blue and green.

I bit the bullet and ordered the original part from Honda, via a local dealer.  It was a good move.

The panel lined up perfectly and the colours all matched.  Getting a copy panel that 'might' match, and then having it sprayed would have only been about £50 cheaper.  That was a lot of money for me, but it was worth it, for the peace of mind.

Very unlucky Foxstalker, but what was the price difference?  It doesn't look like it was worth it. :upset:

Reply to this Topic
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

I got done like that

but slightly different story. Ordered an SD card for £10 (I think). What arrived, four weeks later from China, was a freaking Chinese coin. I sent a message saying (something along the lines of) "Wtf, you fuckers" to which they replied "Oh. Well send it back at your expense and we'll sort out the proper item".

I put it down to a life lesson and now buy all my memory cards from reputable dealers :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
shaunthesheep52

Dec 12

too be honest ..

never had a problem with any stuff from Hong Kong ( china ) good quality , cheap and fast delivery ...." hell " !!!!! I think im gonna get me a new wife from there ... mines like an old hoover .... don't suck much anymore .....

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

feedback

well, just leave them absolutly rotten feed back. most sellers absolutly hate that!... and will do anything to avoid it. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices