Skip to content

Discuss This Catalunya MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Catalunya MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Catalunya MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory

Jorge Lorenzo took a dominating win in his home GP at Catalunya today, beating Dani Pedrosa and Marc Marquez with ease to make an all-Spanish podium. Lorenzo squeezed aside the pole man Pedrosa off the line to lead from the off, and although Pedrosa managed to pull in his lead a number of times, he was never close enough to make...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 June 2013 14:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Las Ramblas..

Lorenzo getting his hammer out again..best in the world at the moment.

Good points for Dani..but he wasn't the fastest Honda out there today.

Marquez..did he touch Dani? Don't think so..locked the brakes and saved it to avoid a defensive team leader. What a charge back! Pedrosa has got his hands full.

Rossi was fast towards the end, brought it home and can take encouragement.

Ride of the day to Bradley.

Tough luck Cal..iffy start again?

Dovi don't know his arse from his elbow. Get him out and Smith in..hahaha

Bautista?..what a fkin numpty.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

time to practice on worn tires methinks..

two races in a row Dani has struggled near the end of the race. Once again Marquez shows his class, didnt think he would feature in the top 3 (with Cal) come the race. Ominous signs for 2014... And what of Flo? still circulating below the aliens again..

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Bautista needs penalising, lost the plot last time out when Rossi done him. Rossi does him again into the 2nd corner and Bautista goes off the rails. Was never a pass on but tried his damnedest to take Rossi out again, twice. If it was Marquez he'd have been up in front of race control before the race finished. Great rides by Jorge and Bradley way to go lad. Rossi despite the plankton on here is getting quicker. When he stops improving and he's behind cal it will be time. Ps did cal do a casey in his haste to see Rossi off??

Reply to this Topic
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

What exactly is bautista going to be penalised for, crashing out without touching anyone? While I don't think he would have made the turn, I suspect the reason he folded the front was because he was trying to stop so he didn't hit Rossi. I think not getting any points in the race is penalty enough. I'm trying to decide if Pedrosa had worse tires than Marquez or if he simply can't manage the worn tires as well, I'd suspect the latter because Marquez's style seems more aggressive, if you're already sliding, whats a little bit more?

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Stunning Rossi Performance

Have to hand it to the GOAT. He now leads Dovizioso by one whole point in the championship. Sarcasm aside,hats off to George. Sublime.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Rossi was fast towards the end?

Jorge was managing the gap, Dani was taking defensive lines, Marquez was being held up and Rossi's tyres should have been in the best shape of the lot.  With all those planets aligning, he was barely able to match them never mind make up the 6 seconds they'd gapped him.

The only way he could of use to Yamaha is if he was able to use his influence with Uncle Carmelo to get some extra engine allocation for Jorge.

I wouldn't say that Smith's was the ride of the day, but I'm happy for him and think he gets unfairly caned around here.  A good lad.

Marquez was brilliant and entertaining yet again, Jorge flawless and Dani solid.

@RRHRC

Dani's bike seems to get much more out of shape on the corner exits where Marquez is able to keep it lined up.  It was also interesting to get confirmation in the data that Dani leans his bike more, where Marquez gets off it and keeps it more upright.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I think Bautista was disappointed because he missed rossi, he was clearly aiming for him. Just shows the high standards bootlicker sets for himself totally dismissing rossi at 35 with no data being a 10th or so behind the wc. Toilet cleaning has been at a higher standard eh licker??Can you let us know which of the little cube things you put in the urinals?? And whilst you at it wash your mouth out with one..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You're starting to look like a wosi fanboy Betsy..concentrate on the racing son and you might do a bit better.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Great ride by Bradley indeed. George is jus't unbeatable for at least 6 Gp's every season. Pretty boring race though, MM was at least trying to overtake.

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

I actually didn't want to watch the start, simply switched on two laps in - that way I avoided Bautista's move and crash.

There you go again, qualifying on the whole not reflecting the race finish: Cal's front row? DNF. Hayden's second row? DNF. Marquez' six place? Podium. And of course Rossi's race pace once more defied his qualifying? Glad he stayed on and got a solid fourth while others fell around him. I'm sure he was hoping the Hondas would take each other out....

Definitely a war of attrition out there today.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices