Skip to content

Discuss This Catalunya MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Catalunya MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Catalunya MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory

Jorge Lorenzo took a dominating win in his home GP at Catalunya today, beating Dani Pedrosa and Marc Marquez with ease to make an all-Spanish podium. Lorenzo squeezed aside the pole man Pedrosa off the line to lead from the off, and although Pedrosa managed to pull in his lead a number of times, he was never close enough to make...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 June 2013 14:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Nearly forgot...

this peach from our man with the vacant, mad eyes. It's quite a repertoire he's building.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Bautista is a bit of a partially cooked turkey

His flipped wheelie crash on the 250 'Priller at Brno '09 is always the trigger for reminding me who he is. That he is using Rossi as target practice is Rossi's business to sort out, stop qualifying down near him and it stands to reason he'll be less of a problem.

If only it were that simple, it all seems to be about the Bridgestone front and some clever thinking in one half of the Yamaha garage, both things the other side of the garage can't hope to change.

As for the race, I fell asleep when the crashing stopped and woke up to see Jorge Lorenzo apparently dead in a gravel trap, turns out he was celebrating...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Fark-knucklehead likes to trot out all these Stoner stats which mainly come from 2007/8 when he had the custom made Bridgestones and a 40bhp advantage.

16 out of his 23 Ducati wins came in those two years out of four - that's 70% - and we all know what happened in 2008 when Rossi got his tyres?

He spanked his botty raw while still adapting to the new rubber with no previous data.

KA-BOOM followed by MELTD-O-O-OWN.

Nearly 45% of his wins came, as a virtual rookie in, 2007 alone..that just AIN'T the normal order and progression of things, whoever you support, and should give any fan worth his salt a massive clue.

Stoner was lucky he left when he did. He was and is responsible for the bike not being developed properly..something they're still sorting out today.

The most telling statistics are that in 2010..Stoner finished only 21pts further in front of Hayden, than Rossi did in 2011. Valentino's debut year on the Duke. Casey's 4th..a cunt hair more than a point a race.

Hedgey..Rossi didn't finish 4th because he qualified 7th.

He was the 4th fastest rider out there yesterday.

Qualifying is just for start position and, particularly under the new system, can be very misleading as to true race pace. Did anyone finish where they gridded up?

If it was SO important, they'd give them points for it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Pure class ElDiabolico!

Anyway, you're correct he did apparently leave ducati under those circumstances...

with 3 wins and a second in the last few races that you continually and conveniently forget to mention. I wonder why?

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Stoner stoner stoner

Give it rest, Wosi.  It's not as though he KILLED anyone.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

btw Wosi, have you read GPone today?

Check Jarvis' comment on the 'written off' engines.

Maybe you should write a column, it seems you'd fit into journalism well with your 'versions' of events.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Perhaps you ought to have a word with your fellow five-knuckle-shuffling gumby cousin Betsy?

Feel free to carry on slagging Rossi off in the meantime..

You soft twat.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

C'mon Wosi

I didn't come here to read easy rubbish like that.  Give us some of your professor stuff.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I can't..

I'm suffering from a self-induced, Strongbow inflicted frontal lobotomy this morning.

Maybe later..

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"Hedgey..Rossi didn't finish 4th because he qualified 7th.

He was the 4th fastest rider out there yesterday.

Qualifying is just for start position and, particularly under the new system, can be very misleading as to true race pace. Did anyone finish where they gridded up?"

I disagree... only 6 seconds off the pace over 25 laps (over half a second of that when Cal went down)... over 19 laps he only lost 3.3 seconds to the leaders! Less than 2 10ths per lap to JL, less to DP & MM... if he'd not been gapped by Cal's accident I think he'd have been where Cal was, in touch with the leaders (but as you say, still 4th fastest, probably equal with Cal if he'd stayed on). As I said, a good solid ride. Credit where credit's due... less so to his qualifying.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices