Skip to content

Discuss This Catalunya MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Catalunya MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Catalunya MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory

Jorge Lorenzo took a dominating win in his home GP at Catalunya today, beating Dani Pedrosa and Marc Marquez with ease to make an all-Spanish podium. Lorenzo squeezed aside the pole man Pedrosa off the line to lead from the off, and although Pedrosa managed to pull in his lead a number of times, he was never close enough to make...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 June 2013 14:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

useless piece of, bautista

"I was being held up"...wow. He is becoming scary to be near at the start of a race, especially if you are rossi or ride a yamaha...i wonder who he will bowling pin at assen this year...

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Dani should have let marc go after Jorge?

If he didn't have the pace to get there himself. If they started trading positions and backing each other up, Dani might have got a shot at the victory instead of settling for second and blocking MM's progress... There will be a coming together sooner or later as Marquez had the pace but he is getting frustrated being stuck behind a slower bike.

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Wrong, El Dogsbollocks

23 wins for Stoner on a Ducati,   0, zero, zilch, none, for Rossi. 42 podiums for Stoner, 4 for Rossi.

One rider could extract championship-contender potential from the Ducati. One couldn't ride it to save his lunch. Here's a clue: Stoner averaged 273 points a season on the Ducati, Rossi averaged 151.

So, Stoner was slightly less than twice as good on a Ducati as Rossi, on pure points alone. As far as WCs and race wins goes, there is no mathematical comparison since anything divided by zero is infinity.

When you get to post-puberty schooling age, you'll learn how to do basic mathematics if you have the intellectual capacity (which is higly unlikely, I admit).  Until then, try to fondle your weeny private bits to your poster of Rossi (but don't let Mommy catch you at it - assuming she didn't run away before you were born). 

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Bautista

A racing incident and a bit or over exuberance doesn't make Bautista a bad rider. They were two almost completely different incidents, and it's just coincidence that both almost involved Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Good rides...

.... from the top 2 as expected & brilliant from 6th for MM. Nice to see Smith improving with each ride... 50 seconds back in his 1st finish to 32 this race with injury. Chipping away & learning as is his remit.

Solid 4th from Rossi but...

"Decent qualifying means nothing"??

... decent qualifying by Bautista, Cal & Hayden meant that Rossi started from the 3rd row again... it meant that Rossi slotted in behind Cal instead of in front of him & when Cal bombed out the gap was insurmountable. Decent qualifying & not crashing mean everything in modern MotoGP racing. I think it's a full year since the last race that was won from anything other than the front row (Stoner, Catalunya 2012) though I may stand corrected.

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

I was thinking that Hedge,

the most important thing for Smithy is that his full race time was far closer to the winner... and that's the gap he needs to keep working on reducing at this stage of his rookyness and worry less about his actual finishing place... also he was only 5.5 seconds behind Bradl too after full race distance, which is a pretty good.

Funnily enough despite his bad crashes at Mugello I thought he had found a little more pace there.

Cal, well hopefully as the old saying goes, "you can make a fast rider stop crashing but you can't make a slow rider fast" will prevail... on the upside, he was the only Satty rider with the big boys, as ever of late. I would really like to see Cal on Bradl's bike, I have a feeling that RCV will suit him even more. 

As for the spanish trio, well they are the best riders in the world, without doubt.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

weskit says

Rossi fans
Just aren't happy unless they've got someone to demonise, even more so since he started just making up the numbers. I mean how many people outbraked themselves going into turn 10 that race? 6? And only bautista is the knob apparently. Anyway that looks like the best St Vale has got, and only chance for a podium is two of the top 4 falling off. Otherwise hats off to Jorge, but bit processional.

There's no 'Rossi' fan here pal. Looks like you're a Rossi hater though. I just like motorcycle racing in general. Bautista is a hot headed knob because he can't seem to stay on a motorcycle for not even a full lap in the last two races.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Wheelie bad

A racing incident and a bit or over exuberance doesn't make Bautista a bad rider.

No but, the evidence that's building against him suggests, at least at the start, he's dangerous. Don't forget Jorge at Assen.

Plus he's suspect at wheelies.

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

farnackle

Seems like you are obsessed with the Rossi/Stoner business? STONER HAS GONE.
Nobody misses Stoner apart from you it seems.
The moaning ozzy has gone with 2 measly titles.
Rossi has 9 titles and is still enjoying racing.
Now fck off and stop being a big prick.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Hard to imagine anyone trying to justify Bautista's crazy riding two races in a row. If it was Marquez he would have points against him by now. Bautista didn't lose the front because the tyre went off or tricky conditions he lost the front because he attempted an impossible overtake on lap one against the rider he ran off track last time out and who had passed him from 3 places back. Completely lost the head after being worked over. As bad and amateurish a piece of riding as you'll ever see from someone who is to all intents and purposes on a factory bike... Rossi already had to run wide to give him the space and he still fell off, must have been totally out of control.. The only mitigating circumstance appears to be that it was Rossi so it's ok. Right now based on the last two races Bautista is most definitely a dangerous rider and he'll have a lot of work to do to change that. It doesn't help that he's having a poor season on a great bike. Love to see Cal on it next year, as I don't think he'll beat Rossi. Rossi is struggling and still just finding his feet and Cals at his maximum. Iif Bautista hadn't taken Rossi out he'd be ahead even with his, for him, poor start to he season which kinda shows you the huge gulf between the two in reality..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices