Skip to content

Discuss This Catalunya MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Catalunya MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Catalunya MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory

Jorge Lorenzo took a dominating win in his home GP at Catalunya today, beating Dani Pedrosa and Marc Marquez with ease to make an all-Spanish podium. Lorenzo squeezed aside the pole man Pedrosa off the line to lead from the off, and although Pedrosa managed to pull in his lead a number of times, he was never close enough to make...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 June 2013 14:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Bah!

Okay, ya blouse.

Reply to this Topic
klacto

Oct 12

klacto says:

Just read Hugelean

as it is one of the few (very few) pieces of writing on here worth reading.

Reply to this Topic
klacto

Oct 12

klacto says:

Hedgehog 5

not too bad either.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

Wtf???

Is klacto president of the hugelean fan club or something? Should we go back and read all the comments about the honda's unassailable superiority this year? Rossi was running wide for the whole first part of the race, he left a gap and bautista went for it. Part way through he realised his ambition had outweighed his talent and panicked at the idea of taking out the same guy again. Would have been better off using Rossi as a berm, that seems to be acceptable.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Development skills Wosi?

I'll give you development skills. Old weasled worded world nr.6 now states that he never agreed with the introduction of the type 21 front tyre last year. The very tyre designed to try and flog some speed out of the old dead dog when he was riding for Ducati. He now says Stoner and Pedrosa were right all along to dismiss this tyre as having inadequate stability. Of course we never heard boo from him at the time did we? He wouldn't have a scobby.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

I tell you who I was impressed with... Javier Del Amor. Points in his first race, one for the future, even at 37.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Good race.

Fantastic ride from JLo, absolutely sublime. I guess we all expected more from Dani due to his quali time. Would love to have seen MM pass Dani and make a charge but hey, maybe next time. Bradders.............a great ride considering the hand injury and as said previously, taking chunks off of his race times. Keep it up. And then we have Bautista. Not much difference between him and RdP (or Simo on his day, bless) imo but he seems to attract more attention for some reason?

Overall a good race. How some think it was boring baffles me.   

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Tyres..

Yeah..I read that Nostro and on face value - which is how you like to look at most stuff - it could appear to be a bit of a U-turn.

The fact remains however, all the riders voted for the introduction of the new tyres and were happy with the evolution variants, barring Repsol..who were pissed because they had their noses put out of joint with the extra 4kg as well.

In 2011, Casey himself got well and truly stuck into Bridgestone over the cold temp. crashes and general decline in performance since the custom tyres he rode on 2007/8. They got what they asked for.

Now..I realise this topic is close to your heart and like most other things, you like to blame Rossi.

You've told porkies here, and made a mountain out of a molehill, by stating Rossi had private tests on the tyres before anyone else and Bridgestone and Carmello were seeking his approval before their introduction.

Highly questionable and lacking credibility to say the least.

Why would you expect to hear "Boo" from Rossi? Presumably, he voted to kick out the old tyres along with everyone else.

2012 the bikes went to more powerful, torquey litre capacity. Bridgestone had to introduce a new family of tyre with a different construction.

Nobody else, apart from Repsol, complained about the negative affect?

And if you think Stoner 'picking' fault, now that the bikes are heavier again, proves he's a development genius and Rossi hasn't got a clue..you're dumber and more desperate than I thought.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Development?

WTF did Vale do with the Ruke for two years? If he is as good as Wosi makes out, he'd have had it sorted in a year. Even after two years he was still wobbling about and falling off it 45% of the time!! No wonder he left with his tail between his legs (shouting "I'm a Laaaaadyyyy!"). He and Jeremy Birdshit was shown as the normal guys they were (plus Rossi being shit scared of the bike) and ran back to Yamaha's arms. Talking of tyres, Rossi won quite a few titles from 'special' tyres and little extras from the factory that no one else had.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

BBB

What do you expect Rossi to do, get his bag of spanners out and sort the bike out himself??? Rossi/Burgess told the Ducati engineers the problem and they couldn't fix it, the same as they can't fix it now. Rossi/Burgess development skills are only good if the R&D know what they are doing, which it seems Ducati don't.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices