Skip to content

YAMAHA Staff Blog: Did You Ride to Work Today? FAZER 8

You are in... Forums > YAMAHA > FAZER 8 > Staff Blog: Did You Ride to Work Today?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Alison Silcox  says:

Staff Blog: Did You Ride to Work Today?

It's Ride to Work Day today and after my early morning ride to the office here’s the photo of my Yamaha Fazer8 in the car park at MCN Towers! As you can see there’s only me and a couple of other riders here so far but as the day progresses the bike park will be full of all manner of machines. To celebrate this national event we...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 311 days ago (17 June 2013 08:06)

Post a message in FAZER 8

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RICHARD545

Sep 10

RICHARD545 says:

Do every day

But i have to agree with exceledsteve, i didn't notice any increase either.. Gutted as i was looking forward to seeing some nice shiny bikes taken off SORN for our 2 weeks of summer !!!

Reply to this Topic
Danny456D

Nov 12

Danny456D says:

tiny bit of a rant...

Always a few snide remarks regarding 'leasure bikers' and such, folk who only use them on sunny days. apologies for not wanting to get my (fairly expensive in my eyes) pride and joy filthy just so i can gain some made up ridiculous badge of honour you gain by using a bike every single day rain,snow or shine. Thats what the cars for.

Reply to this Topic
Robell

Aug 02

Robell says:

Nothing to do with "a badge of honour"

Cars ceased to be a practical means of transport for anyone commuting into a major city a long time ago.

A bike wins on everything from journey times, to fuel used, to stress levels. Getting the bike a bit grubby is a small price to pay  ;-)

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Dirt?

Good reason to ride a mid-size or maxi-scooter, or something covered in plastic such as the Honda Dullsville - just wash the worst of the filth off with a hose and do not worry about detailing. Ride the nice bike on nice days only.

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

love cold wet winters

Sorry to be a grumpy bastard, but as someone who does ride everyday unless snow, I seem to see shiney bikes out in more numbers this time of year, and I see bikes riding in bicycle lanes, people not noticing faster riders stuck behind them, riders who cant filter , riders trying to filter with their legs dragging on the floor because they cant control the back brake, and generally shite riding ,   and several needless accidents. If you dont ride in central London very often and the sun shines, and you feel the need, please use your mirrors and accept you may not be quite as in tune as the couriers, so dont try riding like one,.............sorry rant over!

Reply to this Topic
triplehelix

May 13

triplehelix says:

Danny456D

It isn't leisure riders that annoy me. It's leisure riders who think they know it all. As I am a young rider whenever I see a 30-40 something year old fair-weather rider they usually banter with me. Because I am mid twenties they assume I am a spring chicken who is wobbly on the road and can't do anything. I then ask them how long they've had their bike for with the 2002 plate, they say from brand new, and my eyes pop when I see the 8,000 mile odo reading. Congratulations, you have 11 years experience riding in perfect conditions more often than not on 10 metre wide motorways. I on the other hand, have 3 years experience with waaaay over 8k miles in rain, mud, silt, snow, hail, going through rush hour inner town areas requiring a lot more skill, observation and control.

So yes, it does bug me when I start getting "schooled" by someone who probably can't filter anywhere near my level or someone who usually dangles their legs at 20mph or below for stabilizer wheel effect.

Don't get me wrong I don't think im a top notch rider, but I am certainly better than a lot of fair weather riders. It has been shown a lot of bike fatalities are down to fair weathers who haven't ridden in a year since last summer and then start doing the twisties at speeds they were doing ages ago, and they just can't keep up with what they used to be able to do. So long as they don't try to school me, I get along with fair weather riders, but they can occasionally piss me off.

Gotta love the winter biker nods, the few that are around. Also, other than snow, riding in winter isn't that difficult, it's just a little cold

Reply to this Topic
RICHARD545

Sep 10

RICHARD545 says:

Triplehelix

Well said that man !!

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

I must apologise for not riding to work today, but - I HAD THE DAY OFF!!!! Hurrah!

However, I did manage to drag the old Matchless out today and annoy other road users by being unutterably cheerful while cavorting playfully along the Queen's Highway. Wear a piss pot and smile at car drivers - it drives them nuts....... Anyway, if you got it, ride it. Life's too short to polish and primp, so get it dirty and smile all the while you're doing it.

A simple philosophy, but 'tis mine own.

Toodlepip fair riders!!! Be safe and make merry while you can. 

Reply to this Topic
stripple675

Aug 12

stripple675 says:

yeah I rode to work today and most other work days..I use my Honda cbf 125 .I ride all year using heated gloves to get me through the winter..been riding to work since I was 16. I'm 58 now.

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

No

I worked from home yesterday but I ride to work every day when I'm in the office which more than makes up for it fanx.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle