Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki delays MotoGP return until 2015 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Suzuki delays MotoGP return until 2015

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Suzuki delays MotoGP return until 2015

Suzuki shocked the racing world today by confirming that it will not return to the MotoGP world championship as had been expected in 2014.The Japanese factory has delayed its return until 2015 at the earliest in an announcement made shortly before its new 1000cc machine made its first public appearance in Europe at the Catalunya track near Barcelona.When Suzuki suspended...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 312 days ago (17 June 2013 09:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Cal 2014

Rossi may find his mojo again but then again may never regain his former glory. Cal is beating Rossi on the track and is up there with the lead three so Yamaha would be heavily criticised if they get rid of Cal for an unproven and potentially poorer MGP racer.

Rulings next year suggest that Cal might get a full works engine to go in his Tech 3 bike and that might be enough to keep him in the Yamaha fold.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Slagged of

The GXR 1000 might or might not be the worst 1000cc Sports bike out their but who can honestly say that on the road  they are good enough to exploit these super bikes full potential. One of two things are going to happen if you do. Either you will loose your licence or end up dead. Th only reason why people buy the BMW H4P ect are bragging rights. So I think Suzuki have got it right by Selling the most sensible sports bike on the market As regards manafactures going racing. their is a recession on at the moment. This is why MOTGP is flat on its arse and WSB is beginning to struggle. I firmly believe that rules such as BSB use will lead to better riders (no electronics) with alot cheaper costs with closer racing and because of this more race fans     

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Ratcheman...

you are right that BSB and WSB (WSS and BSS) produce arguably the best racing and great characters- but more race fans watch it?  It's not possible mate because of it's coverage.  Globally there will be race fans who go out of their way to source the series, stream it whatever but it cannot compete with MotoGP for the prestige and the presence.  Money buys elections.  Money buys fans.  As harsh (or unfair) as it seems, that's the bottom line and whilst MotoGP will be losing fans, it still has a huge base.  Whilst the likes of Rossi are pulling in the big crowds (and the reason he will be in GP for a couple more years) young guns like Marquez are absorbing that skill to secure the future.  In fact, I am struggling to think who else other than MM is capable of doing that currently in the premier class.  In some ways, it's why Cal is popular (he's at virtually every press round) because he's a character.  Lorenzo is dull.  Pedrosa is like a little boy.  They aint exactly setting the camera alight with their warmth, charm and wit like Valentino (still) can.  Marquez has the cheeky glint, no question.  Bautista also has that, except he can't ride his bike properly and can forget press conferences for the forseeable future.....  so on reflection, unless they bring in more MM's then maybe the numbers will dwindle off slowly but they'll still be bigger than the smaller series combined.

Do you think we'll ever see the likes of 100k plus (WSB fans) at Donnington chanting Foggys name (when GP attendance was half that the same year) back in the late 90's?

Also Can Tech 3 run a 3 man squad as a satellite team or is that not allowed under current regulations? 

p.s the GSXR-1000 is an utter weapon and the best choice if you're on a superbike budget (I'm a yam man myself but couldn't stretch to the Beemer) ... cool bro.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

fair points

shawno im liking the fact some of you do remeber the attendance records fans borke for foggy,i was one of those 120k in 99/brands, and as for cal well finger crossed it yamaha not anything less, iv had 2 gsxr's now a 750/1000 and just got an older rsv mille which i fucking lv tbh,you dont need a modern superbike anymore with cams and laws ect,its all to say iv had one or got one,its how you ride it and enjoy your freedom i say. ride on!!!

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Amen to that

if I wanted to I could buy a brand new superbike but I am quite happy with my 2001 blade. If Scott or Cal got a full factory ride then I really believe you could get a crowd that big again if they brought ticket prices down.

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

Brands 2001 attendance 126,400 and 70,000 saturday I was there as they say.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

was that the bayliss vs hodgson vs edwards battle if i remember correctly ?

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

I think I was there too. Was there a RAF jaguar, jump jet and tornado doing a display? Frankie C took his leathers off and threw them into the crowd. Foggie went round on the back of a pickup. Is it just me, or does Marc Marquez remind anyone else of the Joker from batman? Something about his mouth.....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle