You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > NO SPARK FROM R6

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

PLACE

Jun 13

PLACE says:

NO SPARK FROM R6

HI WOUNDERED IF SOME ONE CAN HELP I GOT A YAMAHA YZF R6 02 MODEL AND I HAVE NO SPARK AT ALL CHEACKET THE SIDE STAND SWICH AND THE SWICH ON CLUCH AND THE CUT OUT SWICH ALL FINEI GOT A BAD GENARATOR THE BIKE USED TO RUN ON A FULL CHARGED BATTERYBUT GOT NO SPARK NOW I WAS COMIN FROM LONDON ON FRIDAY AND THE BIKE JUST DIED SO I TUNED THE KEY AND IT STARTED THEN IT WENT ALLTOGETHER BUT ENGIN STILL TURNS OVER PLASE CAN SOME ONE HELP AS I AM STUCK

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 June 2013 09:59)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Yamaha YZF R6 2002

Hi PLACE and welcome to the site:smile

If your running from London to Derby on a total loss system your just askin for trouble?.You state -( I GOT A BAD GENARATOR THE BIKE USED TO RUN ON A FULL CHARGED BATTERY) well there is the problem,if the battery now isn't 100% then when you use the starter there is too much drain on the battery to live up the ECU.This will be the problem(and diagnosis with info given) unless you have some other information you have forgotten to mention.Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PLACE

Jun 13

PLACE says:

no spark on r6

great thanks for information I try a new battery tomo and see if that's sorted then I will have to get  a new generator before I ride again from some where or get a recoil thank very much:smile

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

sounds like the cdi

pick up which is in the genny cover ain't working either a loose pick up bad connector or bad wiring which normally runs in the same part of the harness as the generator wiring .... are you just charging the battery up cause the genny is knackered ?????

Reply to this Topic
PLACE

Jun 13

PLACE says:

NO SPARK ON R6

hi oscarthegrouch thank you for you information an yes I was charging me battery  up because I find out the generator was knackered when I had full charged the bike ran great  no prop I putting new battery on today I been riding the bike for a week like until last Thursday and was going to change the generator on same day so I was riding the bike on a fully charged battery as generator is knackered stuped thing to do I know 

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

cdi pick up

is what i'd be testing also mate .....have you got a manual ?

Reply to this Topic
PLACE

Jun 13

PLACE says:

no spark from r6

oscarthegrouch yes I have a manual and I have but a new battery on and still no spark so I will get the cdi pick up tested first thing in morning that be first job thank you for your advice iam very greatfull

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

also make sure the

Casing it is mounted on is tight and free of damage and also that the pick up is tight as the gap it operates on needs to be correct then if that fails you need to start checking how far the power is reaching through the ignition circuit ....there should be a failsafe diagram either in your manual or handbook mate

Reply to this Topic
PLACE

Jun 13

PLACE says:

no spark on r6

THANK YOU TO OSCARTHEGROUCH /KCMC/ YOU WAS BOTH WRITE IT WAS THE BATTERY AND ALLSO BAD WIRING IN THE MAIN WIRING HARNIST NOW I CAN FIT ME NEW GEN AND DO SOME MORE MILES ON THE R6 THANKS TO YOU BOTH .IAM VERY PLEASED GOT THIS BIKE FIXED /IAM VERY PLEASED I GOT THE R6 I HAD IT FOR 10 YEARS GOT IT NEW HAD NO TROUBLE WITH THE ENGIN THIS IS FIRST TIME EVER HAD PROPLEMS NOW MATE TAKE ALONG BREATH BBEFORE I TELL YOU THE MILLAGE READY THE TRUTH IS 87.000 NO PROPLEM MILLES

THANKS AGAIN TO YOU BOTH

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

WOW

some miles on that mate  .....really glad you have it fixed as i'm sure kc is too he is a clever bloke he has helped me fix a couple of issues in the past .....well done on fixing it

that sort of milage ain't an issue as long as it runs well :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
PLACE

Jun 13

PLACE says:

no spark on r6

hi ocarthegrouch /kcmc u to are great and top notch people if not for the both of you I wouldn't of no where to start thanks again the engine purrs like a kitten not one rattle thanks again both of u

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices