Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi blasts ‘crazy’ Alvaro Bautista MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi blasts ‘crazy’ Alvaro Bautista

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi blasts ‘crazy’ Alvaro Bautista

Valentino Rossi has urged MotoGP bosses to speak to Alvaro Bautista after the Italian was almost caught up in a first lap incident with the Gresini Honda rider for the second race in succession in Barcelona yesterday. Rossi and Bautista collided on the opening lap of the nine-times world champion’s home race in Mugello earlier this month and both crashed heavily. Both...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 June 2013 10:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pacman46

Mar 11

pacman46 says:

RevNutz

it actually looked like quite a good overtake but we know how good Rossi is on the brakes. I think it was a stupid move he went in far to Hot on cold tyres! He never would of made it! Maybe when the tyres got up to temp after a few laps! But by then Vale would of gaped him!

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Chronic Crashers

Disclosure:  I'm not a Rossi fanboy.

It seems that in both the Mugello and the Cataluna races that Bautista is over-zealous and I agree with Rossi on this one.

Some racers, De Puniet, for example, seem to crash out of as many races as they complete.  I wonder why he gets re-signed like he does.  He is fast when he stays on the bike...  I think Bautista, who is a fine rider, does need a chat with race direction.

Reply to this Topic
Danny456D

Nov 12

Danny456D says:

Im a fairly neutral fan of all the riders,they're all great in my eyes, but why do a certain number of people always lay into Rossi so badly? He obviously isn't as fast as the top guys, thats plain to see, but i don't get all the hate towards him after every practise/qualifying and race. Is it just easy to have a go at the most likeable guy, just to be different? who knows.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

pacman46

Bautista made the apex, Rossi didn't, but Bautista tried to turn it too tight, he wouldn't have crashed if Rossi didn't try to ride round the outside of him. But that's just Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I just watched the replay several times and I think Rossi ran wide due to going in a few kays too quick, which lucky for him, put him wide enough to avoid getting hit by Bozzo the Clown.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

mmm

and what about a mr rossi doing the same to them in the past......get on with it.thats racing rossi!!! ring any bells?

-----------------------------------------------------------

'busaman' kinda sums it up really don't ya think? Oh.......some obviously don't.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Scenario

Had Bautista done to Vale yesterday what MM had done to JLo at Jerez, would he still be in the wrong or would it have been 'a racing incident'?

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Rossi is right that bautista goes crazy thinking its a one lap race. But until Vale starts to qualify nearer the front end he will be at risk of been surrounded by a poorer standard of rider - qualify better is the answer.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Gotta laugh

Endless complaining about processional races, no-one overtakes, they're all too polite to each other, none of them can stand a bit of fairing bashing, Rossi's right they're all pussies (last two being favourites of Wosi's)

The minute one of them tries to overtake all hell lets loose that he should be banned.

Two racing incidents, no intent to take another rider out, no intent to barge one out of the way. Mugello, they both converged on the same bit of track, Bautista drifting out wide and Rossi (clearly in the overhead shot) cutting back in. They hit. No-one's fault

Catalunya, Bautista got better drive out of the previous corner and got up inside Rossi. They were virtually side by side as they tipped in. Rossi (I'm not blaming him) closed in on Bautista and cut across him which caused him to turn even tighter to avoid touching (maybe he braked as well) which was what led to the front going away. A shame but it happens.

For Rossi to moan is typical double standards from someone who had no problem shoving Gibernau off track, nearly took himself and Stoner out of Laguna Seca, succeeded in taking him out of Jerez, didn't mind a bit of elbow bashing with Lorenzo in Mugello and recently called them all pussies becasue they can't race.

The bleating on here is also double standards from the Rossi fans who love to crow about how tough a rider he is and how all of the above incidents are down to his superior racecraft  and how no-one can go elbow to elbow with him.

More double standards from those that criticise some riders for not being able to make up places in the first few corners, crow about how well Rossi can do that and then whine like hell that it's crazy to try and overtake on cold tyres in the first few corners....

If he doesn't want to be overtaken, learn to stick it on pole and clear off at the front. Or he could just stop being a whingeing hypocrite.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

so does that mean

Vale doesn't like getting rammed from behind ?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices