Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow praises ‘unbelievable’ Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow praises ‘unbelievable’ Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow praises ‘unbelievable’ Jorge Lorenzo

Cal Crutchlow hailed Jorge Lorenzo’s Catalunya MotoGP victory as one of the best of the Spaniard’s premier class career after the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider’s challenge was ended by an early crash. Lorenzo led home red-hot pre-race favourite Dani Pedrosa by 1.763s to cut the Repsol Honda rider’s world championship lead to just seven points with a third of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 June 2013 11:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"Oh ffs spare me..I'm getting lectured by a Stoner fan who used to spend vast amounts of time telling me almost exactly the opposite?"

Nope... points, podiums & wins... there's no reason for a Stoner fan not to love all those statistics*... & they probably quite like championships too... & they still undermine your arguments as they did when he was racing. 

* how many wins did Stoner get in his last year with Ducati?... 3?... how many podiums?... 9?... 2012?... 5 wins to 10 podiums... & you think a Stoner fan would be obsessed with wins? Derrrrr!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

EL'D...

"Honda fucked Yamaha in 2013"

I agree, Yamaha chose the wrong rider... they need more than just someone who can back up JL when he has a bad day (like Cal at Le Mans)... they need another rider who can challenge for wins. Still... with only 4 points less in the constructor's championship & 7 in the rider's with 13 rounds to go anything could happen... not quite fucked yet & quite good considering they've only one rider who can win.

" In the mean time JL is making up for the difference between man and machine."

Strange how he keeps lending his superman cape to Cal for the occasional race/qualifying session. Why won't he share it with Rossi?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

EL'D

"Honda has the best bike at the moment"

Without results or any racer riding them back-to-back there's no evidence to support this... in fact they go a long way to prove the opposite (as I've been countering every argument you've come up with to support it)... you're entitled to your opinion, but it is just that & smacks of the old "any bike that CS won on has to be the best bike / any bike VR does badly on has to be the worst" whinge... I understand that from you that may not be the case but you must have identified the trend & that it is just as often unsupported. for example...

"Pedrosa didn't evolved as a racer suddenly, his bike got better."

So did his bike go from worse than a Yamaha to equal or equal to better?... or is it that he just found a setting that works well with him? We can see your point of view but it is still an opinion, not fact.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

EL'D...

"Any bike CS won with was the best bike of his time.The same applies for Rossi and everyone else."

... or the best bike/rider combination? I'm not wrong... it's not black & white. You're yet again stating things as fact when they're not. Is a bike the best bike at every race it wins & the crappiest every time it DNF's? Was Ducati the best bike only 3 races before Rossi got on it?... it won a race.

That doesn't make sense... :blink:

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

EL'D

"Do you sincerelly believe that Casey Stoner could jump on the Duke and win a race?"

He'd have beaten all but himself on the Honda at PI 2012 with his 2010 Ducati time in almost identical conditions... convincingly... on a 2 year old bike with 2 year old tyres... 

"After all it is pretty much the same bike he rode back then but with improvements right"

... it isn't CF any more but yes, unless the one they've developed is actually slower than the 2010 Ducati he would have almost certainly won at least one race. Rossi said he couldn't ride it like Stoner but got two 2nds & a 3rd... but the guy he compared himself with wouldn't get a win?

We know he was adaptable, could ride the CF Duke to wins & had a win or bin attitude... do you have a reasoned argument that he couldn't?... I can only quote that stat... I suspect you can't quote anything because not only has he not ridden one for 2 years but he's retired... & we're still talking about him.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

ElDire

Dovi still demands for a totally revamped bike, why? He should win, after all he got a lot of goodies,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deja vu anyone? You gotta laugh. 

But I prefered........ ''Rossi jumped in the Duke when the Japs presented their new weapons (eg: Honda seamless gearbox, the bike Casey used to win the Championship).'' So Vales failure was due to a Honda gearbox? No-one saw that coming but i'm glad you've finally solved the issue.

Prick. 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Jesus, this best bike shit

Look Diablo, this is how it is

The bike has to be capable of winning races and that may mean it has to be ridden a certain way to achieve that. It doesn't mean it's the best bike, or an easy bike to ride that anyone can win on.

When Rossi went to Yamaha in 2004 they gave him an improverd bike from the 2003 version which was generally considered below par. Would I say the 2004 M1 was the best bike on the grid?

No, definitely not.

It was a very good bike but the Honda V5 has to be considered the pinnacle of the 990 machines at that time. Rossi won the title on the Yam because he was a better rider than Gibernau or Biaggi, not because he had the best bike outright.

Stoner won in 2007 because he found a way to ride the Ducati like no-one else could or has ever been able to since. Capirossi who nearly won the title the year before on the 990 Ducati couldn't ride it. If it was so good, why couldn't a near title winner on the previous year's bike do any better than 7th and one fluke win. 2007 Ducati best bike? Don't make us laugh.

Now we have the Honda being put forward as the best bike, yet Lorenzo has won half the races so far, the last two two on the trot, went fastest in testing yesterday and has beaten the fastest Honda by 0.5 seconds in today's test.

Yet some would have it that the Yamaha is 0.5 seconds a lap slower than the Honda.

Yamaha have a fine Motogp bike, it and the Honda have different characteristics but there is little between them. They are a similar match around most tracks. Lorenzo's results show it and Cal's lap times on a satellite bike show it, if not some of his race results. He's pulverising the satellite Hondas and running close to the Repsols.

Give Lorenzo his due, he's on the top of his game at the moment and looks very comfortable on his bike with only one uncharacteristic blip so far in Le Mans.

Honda best bike? Would Lorenzo be any quicker on it than his M1? Difficult to see how.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Yeah..Stoner found a way to ride the brand new 800 Ducati in 2007 alright.

He pinned the throttle on straights and blew the doors off everything else, then backed everyone else up in the twisties despite having custom built Bridgestones.

Let's not forget, 2006 Casey was on the best GP bike ever built. He finished 8th and only completed 10 out of 17 races. He scored 119pts in total for the season.

He was a rookie going into the 2007 season with the new 800 class and dropped lucky with Ducati. Stoner ended up winning the title by more points than he scored in total the year before!.. a feat he never came close to repeating on the Red bike.

What does that tell you?..His blinkered chummy fans over-rate him, that's what.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

It tells me you need to let it go.

Another aimless Stoner rant with meaningless blah blah blah stats

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Aimless?..straight between the eyes I'd say.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices