Skip to content

Discuss This Staff Blog: Black Bikes... First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Staff Blog: Black Bikes...

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Tim Thompson  says:

Staff Blog: Black Bikes...

I love the idea of black bikes. They're the stealth option. In 2013 black also seems like the sensible choice for a sports bike like the GSX-R750, not so much because it helps you slip unnoticed from the scene of the crime, but because it's like those of us riding them -- a bit older. More grown up than some...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 June 2013 16:37)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Danny456D

Nov 12

Danny456D says:

There are no tips for cleaning black paint, sure you can get it lovely and clean and to the untrained eye it'll look nice. Until like you say, you catch it in the light and its microscratched to hell. This is coming from a Painter, black is only nice when it's just been painted and hasn't been touched...

Reply to this Topic
Bebobobob

May 10

Bebobobob says:

Leave it Dirty

Matte Black is slightly darker black! -- some guy with a black bike

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

the only thing that spoils the blackness of my bike

is the gold wheels, which show up far more dirt than any of the other black! GRRRRR

else i wouldn't clean it that much.

Stealth is the way to go all you day glo jacket peeps!

Reply to this Topic
Bebobobob

May 10

Bebobobob says:

Stealth?

I love the stupidity of the stealth argument when you probably have modified exhausts that you can hear 4 miles away :)

Reply to this Topic
ivanhoe

Mar 04

ivanhoe says:

Stealth ( unseen)

Black bike, black leathers and black helmet. Awesome  virtually invisible to other road users.

Oooops   sorry mate I did not see you.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Deal With It

I have a black Honda Elite (Lead) 110, and I just hose the worst of the dirt off when it gets really filthy.

Reply to this Topic
Darkrapture

Nov 09

Darkrapture says:

Ivanhoe

Unless you tend to ride in outerspace with no lights on riding a black bike in black gear isnt going to be that much of a problem.

Sometimes the opposite can be true, going out looking like a power ranger who's driven through a ticker tape parade can have the effect of making it harder for people to judge your speed/direction because you have a less obvious silhouette.

Reply to this Topic
paganuspaul

Feb 12

paganuspaul says:

Just don't clean it - problem solved!

Reply to this Topic
triplehelix

May 13

triplehelix says:

Rabbits

Car drivers can see small 1/2 foot long 1/8 foot tall rabbit running into the road and emergency brake, but they cant see a almost 6ft tall motorcyclist, with a revving engine and lights in their face.

I have a white bike and people still don't see me, and is stealthy too. Regardless of colour, an unobservant car driver will hit you, even if you had flashing neon lights, if the driver is unobservant they'll hit you.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Exhausts

i love the stupidity of an argument based on assumption.

no i don't have a loud can!:tongue:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices