Skip to content

Discuss This Video: KTM Duke 390 vs A2 rivals group test First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: KTM Duke 390 vs A2 rivals group test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Davidson  says:

Video: KTM Duke 390 vs A2 rivals group test

MCN’s Andy Davidson and Liam Marsden recently took KTM’s new newcomer-aimed Duke 390 out on local roads to pit it against the similarly-aimed Honda CBR500R and the Kawasaki Ninja 300. Hear what they thought of these A2-targeted machines. brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 June 2013 11:48)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Interesting..

..listening to their perspective. They looked cold and miserable, which they mentioned a few times, but if you're an all weather rider..? Mentioned a couple times too is their thought that the Kawasaki 300 might get boring more quickly that the others. The same Kawasaki 300 that so many people raved about when it first came to market. Just goes to show that one needs to choose wisely when selecting a bike.

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Sack

Shrewd observations! Amazing how faults suddenly appear only when the latest models are released.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Less is More

I just traded down to a used Ninja 250R and am having much more fun on it than I ever did riding the CBR600F4i.  Smaller/lighter is definitely better for anything but pounding out miles on the freeway/motorway/autobahn, and the old saying "riding a slow bike fast is more fun than riding a fast bike slow" applies.

That being said, I may consider a Duke 390 next year (it does not come to the US until 2014).

Reply to this Topic
frugaltail

Feb 12

frugaltail says:

Fact, Reviews should be AT LEAST 6 mins per bike, if you cant talk for 6 mins it doesn't deserve a video... but this is shocking quality today boys... SHOCKING!! synopsis is... im wet and the ninja is boring

Reply to this Topic
sleeping thunder

May 07

More soul lads

OH! The enthusiasm just comes across so much in the video.The Kawasaki should suit these lads no soul just like the vid.I fancy the KTM 390

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Ninja 300

Wish Kawasaki would have made the Ninjette about 60 pounds lighter with better suspension - I will be keeping my 2004 250R at a third of the price.

Reply to this Topic
Dbrierley93

May 13

Dbrierley93 says:

Embarrassing video

Is this the best MCN can do? Poor video quality, shocking sound and complete lack of enthusiasm. Pretty embarrassing really.

Reply to this Topic
oabc005

Jul 13

oabc005 says:

www.luckygrip.com

Hello, everybody, the good shopping place, the new season approaching, click in. Let’s Face lift bar! ====accept credit card = = = = = { }=== Air Jordan (1-24) shoes $35 UGG BOOT $50 Nike sh ox (R 4, NZ, OZ, T L 1, TL 2, TL 3) $35 Han bags ( Coach L v fen d i D&G) $35

Reply to this Topic
rockbob

Feb 06

rockbob says:

Road test comparison????

That hss got be the worst apraisal and comparison of a group of bikes I have ever seen from Mcn I have been riding for many years, and have based many purchases on reviews in mcn as it happens I am down sizing with my next bike and the Ktm 390 fits the bill test ride has already been booked as soon as dealer has bike. Needless to say I learnt bugger all from this awful complete waste of time!!!!!! Come on Mcn you are better then this

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices