General fake profiles General

You are in... Forums > General > General > fake profiles

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

fake profiles

Just discovered that mcn did not listen to my previous e mail about a fake profile set up with my real name and pictures of me that i uploaded last year onto different threads of myself so i will never ever do this again .....surely this is some form of web abuse which is illegal (cyber bullying ) not happy mcn sort it out (liam )

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 June 2013 12:12)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

it seems to me

that the "troll" and "sock Puppet" problem on here could be very easily sorted out by having a few moderators drawn from Amongst the regulars? As motorcycle news don't seem to interested in doing it themselves.

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Dialbere

They tried that a few year's ago ...it was a disaster with the member moderators getting abuse for trying to do their job.

Sky volunteered to be one along with Spire and haplessdan.

But MCN would not give them proper Mod powers like most sites. ie. they could not ban members or delete threads - only individual posts as long as it wasn't the initial post in a thread.  

It was like sending troops into battle armed with a water pistol!

The wankers who were causing trouble with fake usernames just turned on the mods, starting thread after thread with personal abuse in the title which the 'mods' could not delete. They also chose to do it on Friday evenings knowing full well MCN staff mods would not be back till Monday allowing the abuse to remain on the site all weekend.

We complained to MCN about it but they said they could not give non staff full control because the forum here is linked to the main MCN site unlike most normal Forums and a member Mod could have then gone into the MCN site and change articles / race results etc...:blink:

The only way to deal with the trolls is to ignore them ...or hunt them down and kill them. :winkie:  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

ignoring them then?

after all Never feed a Troll

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Dalbiere

Personally I favour the 'killing them' option. :tongue:

It's a more 'permanent fix'. :winkie:.

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

If

I ever find out out who did it i will cut their balls off :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

reckon

Trolls ain't got no Balls......:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

kam

ok i thought you a little harsh...............but if you killed four they would all be gone:ph43r:.....................................but what is heaven without hell and as im sure you agree a perfect world is ..............well for want of a better word .................boring:upset:.....................no one ever seems to meet up and go toe to toe................and if they did it would be walking sticks at dawn (yes you ol buggers are the worst):wink::biggrin::biggrin:.............seems like the fogies internet punch up to me :wacko::wink::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

troll

they probably know you in your offline life. its not normal for someone to do thatr. 

try writing in your name into google and see if therec's more of it. 

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Don't only famous people

Google themselves?

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Ally

"it would be walking sticks at dawn (yes you ol buggers are the worst)"