Skip to content

Discuss This First pics: Honda reveals 2014 factory RC213V in Aragon MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > First pics: Honda reveals 2014 factory RC213V in Aragon

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

First pics: Honda reveals 2014 factory RC213V in Aragon

This is the first look at Honda’s new 2014 factory Honda RC213V machine, which was scheduled to make its European track debut at the Motorland Aragon circuit in Spain today.One bike each for HRC duo Dani Pedrosa and Marc Marquez was flown in from Japan, but unfortunately cool temperatures and rain have so far prevented the Spanish pair from completing...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 June 2013 12:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

That's it then..

..game, set and match.

Nobody but Lorenzo has had a sniff against the 2013 bike, Christ knows what's gonna happen when this missile hits the track?

Honda waltz off into the distance. Yamaha end the season with no engines in pit-lane? 20 litre economy trial next year?

My patience is wearing thin..maybe time to concentrate on the Classic Racing Bike scene and Superbike. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

All very possible Wosi

But I'm not sure it'll be as one sided as you say, I think both the M1 and the RCV will stay pretty well matched with the pilot being the more deciding factor. There doesn't seem to be enough scope in next year's rule change for anyone to turn up with something radical or even much superior, apart from Ducati obviously.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

hasnt even turned a wheel...

...but everyones favourite Flossi-phile has already resigned himself to doom and gloom. How exactly do you know that this bike is faster than the current one given none of the Motogp riders have tested it yet?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I hope you're right..

..but don't share the optimism Jamie.

Bearing in mind Yamaha are on 4/5 engines a third of the way in..and may have to turn engines down to 'SuperSport' levels of tune to save face and the ignomy of taking more engines and admitting only Honda has the engineering nouse to cut it in GP. It doesn't bode well.

Especially taking into consideration the run of wins they went on after introducing the 2013 bike early last year.

Marquez gaining experience all the time and with an even more superior package, could be the only interest.

I'd laugh my tits off if he beat Pedrosa to the title and @6/1 with bwin.com gets my hard earned.

I'd also do a dying fly if next year, the new Magneti hardware only had provision for 10 sensors, rather than the 200 or so now.

Try making 20 litres last by writing your own software for them apples.

I can dream can't I?

PS: RRHRC - Just an educated guess Pal, these lot ain't Ducati.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Wosi is right...

They are going to be well and truly f***ed in the 2nd half of the year.  Interesting no reason was given for one of Crutchlow's engines being withdrawn and binned.  Remember Ben's new engine blew up last year in Indi (I think it was Indy?).  Peddy & MM on only their 2nd engine?  Oh dear for Yamaha indeed...  Incidentally what engine is Rossi on now?  If the bike crashes like in Mugello, is that engine a write off or can it be salvaged?

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

meaning...

..HRC can get it right or wrong aswell, if Honda had hit the mark on every update then Pedrosa would be sitting on 5 or so titles by now wouldnt he...? yet 1 title in the 800 era and none so far in the 1000cc paints a very different story.. this engine business is just more fodder to arm the excuse cabinet. Yamaha will do just fine managing the engines to the end of the season by swapping them around during practice and race.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Dunno

Lorenzo had similar engine concerns this time last year and you'd have to say at least one of Marquez's engines hasn't enjoyed sharing his learning experience, there aren't too many engine builders that know what happens to an engine that was just at full chat but then suddenly experiences the ultimate physics demonstration but HRC certainly do now.

It looks tight but that has sort of become the Yamaha way, the Yin to HRC's quantum engineering Yang.

Over the course of the Mugello weekend various things were said about both the Honda and the Yamaha that coupled with the events showed where top flight GP racing is right now. The Yamaha works well out of the box and is unbeatable in certain circumstances, the Honda is harder to dial in but the "better" machine when it is dialled in. Mugello demonstrated the different approaches from both bikes when dialled in, the Yamaha is in its element from the entry into turn 1 right through to just before the last corner where the Honda takes over.

You'd have to say that the Yamaha is the more complete bike but the Honda out-blings it and is a bit of a diva.

You also don't take into account Honda being quite able to engineer themselves off in the wrong direction for a bit. In many ways the Yamaha is the better bike. It's not all black and white.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Yamaha do all their work in the winter and bring a new bike to Sepang testing.

Honda are off kilter and introduce next years bike half way through a current season.

Yamaha appear to have closed the gap, albeit at the expense of over stressed engines, but the M1 is virtually new and still struggling against last years Honda..which is just about to be superseded by a completely brand new iteration.

I think Yamaha will make the season's end on 5 engines, catastrophe's aside, because they will turn the revs down and baby them through. This is far less embarrassing than starting from pitlane and taking further units..corporately speaking.

Nobody can deny the impact on results Honda's 2013 bike had, although some soggy toggies think it was Pedrosa upping his game.

Last year HRC had chatter issues, so maybe the impact won't be as marked this year..but my money is still on them stretching a gap they already have.

This is not making excuses, it's looking at results and performance in the cold hard light of day..If any Yamaha deficiency is brought up or examined, the default position for half the wankers here is it's making excuses for Rossi.

As a Rossi fan, it's difficult to have sensible debate with anti-Rossi fuckos most of the time.

Reply to this Topic
Huskymick

May 13

Huskymick says:

Engines is this the case

Honda are testing a new bike so do they have to use this years engines ? If not they may have been clever as yesterday Yamaha (99-46) tested for 111 laps on this years engines ? Or am I wrong ?

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

HuskyMick

The rules allow for any engines to be used in testing.  Usually teams use engines which are not in their allocation for the season during official test sessions.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices