Skip to content

Discuss This Would you buy an MV Agusta F3 800? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Would you buy an MV Agusta F3 800?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Would you buy an MV Agusta F3 800?

MV have released their new F3 800, billed as the ultimate road bike, combining the light weight and handling of a supersport bike, with the extra oomph of a superbike. But would you buy one?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 June 2013 10:34)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

No

my job is to cling to the ceiling just above them whilst holding a large axe. If I fall they die. They like me to do my job properly.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

So you're Damocles?

can i have an autograph?:wink::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I'm not

I'm a twat. But you can still have an 'autograph of sorts' I just dip myself in paint and splodge on a piece of paper. Like kids do with spuds.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Ermmmm...

Huh.....WTF...... Anyone like the Bike?

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I personally would consider buying a Brutale 800, it's verry pretty, good brakes, verry nimble. But what i keep reading in reviews? Actually the engine is verry good, but the throttle response is dodgy to say the least. All those electronics with 8 settings for traction control, engine mappings with sport, rain, track mode and ride by wire throttle ? I believe MV are shooting themselves in the foot. Of course an MV would have shorter service intervals and it might wel be expensive to keep running? But it's beautiful and if you buy a Mv you take that for granted. But a slick throttle response, shouldn't be to much to ask? Damn Fuel injection. Some good old carbs would be fine on this Brutal/f3 800.

Reply to this Topic
00eking

Sep 11

00eking says:

MV

i have just started working for mv in sales and have to ride every bike in the range to get a idea of how good they are and to work out the good and the bad points so i will let you know how they get on.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Depends on the ride and perceived value for money

It's certainly an attractive looking bike but is it reasonable value for money, easy enough to live with and does it have reasonable road manners? A great many of todays fuel injected European bikes have snatchy fueling at part throttle openings. Whilst that's ok for those who want to use the bike on the track (or ride like numpties on every road) I'd rather have a bike that has reasonable part throttle fueling

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I wonder how a brutale 800 with a full akrapovich system and a pc5 remamping sorted on a Dyno would suit journalists? Actually i don't wonder, i jus't know they would love it. 00eking? Throttle response is the bad thing.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

No

The bike is more suited to the track than the street. But if I was spending that much on a track only bike, I would rather get a real racing bike with a 450cc MX engine - similar acceleration, but at half the weight the race bike will turn in and corner much better.

Reply to this Topic
slickhillsy

Oct 04

slickhillsy says:

Gone' Fishing...

And love it when I get a bite! :)  lol...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices