Skip to content

Discuss This Dorna open to Indianapolis leaving MotoGP schedule early MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dorna open to Indianapolis leaving MotoGP schedule early

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dorna open to Indianapolis leaving MotoGP schedule early

The Indianapolis MotoGP race in August could be the last to be held at the legendary American motorsport venue, with Dorna open to the race ending its agreement one year early. The iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS) has been on the MotoGP world championship calendar since 2008 and in 2011 it signed a new three-year contract extension with Dorna until the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 June 2013 10:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Crap track anyway...

Flat because its an oval, featureless because its flat, bumpy because of the cars and dangerous because of the lack of grip!!

Reply to this Topic
GVIrish

Jul 10

GVIrish says:

COTA isn't much better

Indy is certainly not one of America's best tracks but it is easily a better event than COTA and even some European GP's. Extremely easy ingress and egress, plenty of facilities for fans, lots of vendors, no price gouging, plenty of hotel capacity and the city of Indianapolis really opens its arms and embraces the event with big events in the city during the weekend. Meanwhile, COTA's attendance last year didn't even manage to match Indy's 2012 attendance and a lot of people who did go to COTA were unhappy with the way the event was run, the screwing over of Kevin Schwantz and the price gouging. COTA is a great track, but I think we'll see COTA struggling on attendance soon, if not this year, which may result in the US going back down to the one GP at Laguna. Which I suppose wouldn't be the worst thing.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

It may have certain attributes that make it a better commercial proposition than COTA, but the track layout is boring and as mentioned in the other comment, the surface is poor. Watching several riders get thrown out of sight to reappear from the top of the TV screen isn't what I want to watch racing for. Add on the crashers from Moto2 and 3 and the number was ridiculous.

COTA possibly lets the bikes get strung out to far, but as it was the first one it may  be a bit too soon to judge. Laguna is a great track to watch them around, regardless of whether the racing is close or not.

Reply to this Topic
Jl46

Feb 12

Jl46 says:

would also love to see donington back on the calender. million times better than silverstone. as for this 3 races in america is ridiculous anyway as attendances are low cause of the distance you have to travel you have to get to your closest race.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Indy

Great history but that's it i'm afraid. Few will miss it.

Reply to this Topic
leegee010

Sep 09

leegee010 says:

Without doubt...

The worst track on the season calendar... Boring layout and sh1t surface.

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

INDY GP YOU WILL BE MISSED!

I know of a whole lot of people who will miss the Indy GP, and I'm one of them.  Been then every year since 08.  Bad surface, boring layout, riders hate it...so f*ckn what!  It's the only chance anybody in the east/midwest U.S. has to go and see a world championship GP race for $200-$300, if you do it right.  The atmosphere in the campground and on the track are great, not to mention the history--Rossi's record-breaking win in '08 is one I'm proud to have witnessed, and I also have fond memories of watching Simoncelli race there.  I will be truly sad to see this event discontinued.  F*ck Texas and F*ck California, I will never go to either place, for reasons I won't mention here.

Another example of MotoGP becoming an elite sport for elite patrons.  Here's hoping SBK comes to Barber.

Reply to this Topic
thedokter46

Mar 09

thedokter46 says:

about time

the tracks garbage same as the americas track kaka,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the only decent yank track is laguna need to get rid of the other usa rounds pronto ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dorna are mugs utter mugs the usa has always had the reputation as long as gp been going right back to old days of having slippery tacks and garbage layouts full stop ............get the races to more decent countries infact if it was me id boycott the us and uk full stop in protest at the war crimes these 2 countries hav comitted in iraq murdering 500.000 kids alone all race series should be pulling out of the uk and usa full stop to show they dont support such things in this modern world

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

dokter46

you are in the wrong forum dude

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN