Skip to content

Discuss This Honda denies production bike race plan rumour MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda denies production bike race plan rumour

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda denies production bike race plan rumour

Honda has rubbished rumours that it will race its new production Honda RC213V in the last eight races of the 2013 MotoGP campaign. The new bike, which HRC plans to sell five of for around £850,000 next season, recently completed a successful shakedown test at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan last month. That led to speculation that Honda planned to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 June 2013 10:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

The bike

in this picture sure as hell isn't the bike in the pictures of the 2014 bike . So 850 000 euros for last years tech but with chain driven valves. Of course if Honda use the 2014 bike this year its two years out of date before you start. This smells a bit like the old NSR 500 V twin to me.

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

NSR500V2 had a lot speed in the corner than the V4 but the horsepower of V4  made the pass of V2 easy.Ibelieve that the new RC will have similar power to factory RC but the suspesion and the gearbox will make the difference. With a strong rider the bike will fight for the pondium for each race.

I think the gap between two RC will be smallest than the gap between NSRV2-V4.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Wake up glm7354

You're a dreaming idiot if you think Honda is going to make and sell a bike that can fight for podiums each race. The bike may fight for the tail end of the top 10 but no way podiums and especially not for each race. First off there will be no riders of the caliber to beat Jorge, Dani, and MM riding the thing to fight for a podium let alone have the actual tool under them to steal a podium. Hell, Rossi and Cal on great bikes are fighting for the scrapes off the table to get podiums.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Fighting for the podium glym.... ??

If that bike can fight for the podium without riders like Lorenzo, Pedrosa or Marquez on it, Honda may as well scrap their works bikes, save themselves a bunch of money and put Pedrosa and Marquez on the production bike. By your logic they'd be able to win on it - who needs a factory RCV...

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Rawboy, artistic licence?...

..I think you've both missed the point - Glm doesn't once suggest the bike will be fighting for podiums; he's talking about "pondium's" - totally different ball game and a lot more vicious! FFS boys, if you're gonna criticise somebody, at least get your facts right...

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Evenin' CHR

Always pleased to see you - you always make me chuckle. We should have a game of pondiums sometime.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Saturn!

Evening good sir! Gracious thanks for the approbation, needles to say it's very much reciprocated. What's happened to Gene though, those pesky Texans appear to have taken his place?...

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

I got a bit bored

felt like a change !  Not sure about ZZ tho - sorry I broke my vow not to change till you dd.

On the proddy RCV front might not be such a bad choice for Redding as some people think -  after all Gibernau got himself noticed on the NSR V twin and put on a pretty good show when was drafted up to the NSR V4.

I reckon the customer RCV will be more than a match for Ducati and would give Redding a platform to peddle his wares so to speak.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Interesting thought..

..but the thinking behind it will still create a virtual 2 tier championship in my opinion. Honda will no doubt make the bike competitive, but as Nakamoto has pointed out, without the seamless gearbox and with conventional valves it's likely to be 5% down as a package compared to the factory bikes. That's not bemoaning Honda's effort and commitment to the championship, but I personally feel Scott's best path would be to go with Ducati. His choices will remain limited at Honda with Marquez and Pedrosa performing so well, but the development at Ducati could turn into a golden opportunity for the right rider. I think he could be the man...

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

Motegi

I dare say Livio is correct: the bike wont be on track in Europe till Valencia test, November but regarding wildcard appearance(s) at Motegi= of course it will. And CHR is correct, I'd guess this wont help with equalizing the class. In fact it will ensure there will always be disparity- for as long as Honda sees fit.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices