Skip to content

Discuss This Honda and Ducati confirm Scott Redding interest MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda and Ducati confirm Scott Redding interest

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda and Ducati confirm Scott Redding interest

Honda and Ducati have admitted being seriously interested in Scott Redding for 2014, with the British rider in talks about a new production RC213V ride or Desmosedici prototype berth next season. Talks between Redding’s representatives and the Gresini Honda squad were first revealed in today’s (Wednesday) issue of Motor Cycle News and started after the 20-year-old claimed a record-breaking victory in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 June 2013 14:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Huskymick

May 13

Huskymick says:

Pedrosa

Can I throw into the mix this thought. Pedrosa is only riding this year because Stoner retired, if he does not win the title this year will Honda want to get rid of him again ? Leaving a spare Repsol seat for Cal ?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ha, ha, ha. There's some funny fellows here.

Cal over Pedro??!! On what basis? One of the consistently winningest riders in the history of the class over an occasional podium man? Apply some logic!

And as Pacey says a M1 engine in a completely unknown chassis over a factory or even satellite Duke??!!

If the HRC proddie racer is all it's cracked up to be this is an option worth consideration. Let's for a moment presume it's oh say 30hp down on the RCV213. That would still be 30hp stronger than an ART - and look what Espargaro is doing on that thing.

Japanese factory or satellite bikes look shut-out for Scott. Ducati is his best option to my mind. He's young, fearless and oozing talent. He won't be fazed by the big bad Duke. In fact I believe he's one of the few who could really grab the thing by the scruff of its neck and rag it the way it used to, and needs to, be. Scott will adapt and thrive. Bye, bye Nicky. Thanks for the (very occasional) memories.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I'm with you Nostro..

..except for one primary difference. Call me old fashioned, but loyalty goes a long way in my book and I think Hayden deserves a decent crack at the whip on a sorted bike. I don't particularly see him as a yes man, but I do think he's shown a level of commitment and corporate integrity that is sadly lacking in modern day sport. Reward him with another year and give Redding Spies's bike..

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

chr

you are 100% correct

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Stefan is on an almost factory bike, Alvaro on a Showa testing bike. Scott is better than each of them. Lets hope he gets the LCR ride. Honda seem to have alot of faigth in Bradl? Scott can do better, no doubt at all!

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Hayden

I'd be surprised if Ducati got rid of Hayden, he's their way in to the most lucrative market there is. He's likable, liked, and still pretty fast. He's also a former world champion, which is worth quite a lot to the average Joe. As a bonus, he doesn't whine and he's extremely loyal.

Don't underestimate Ducati's desire to be big in the USA, or their gratitude to Nicky for selling them a shitload of bikes.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices