Skip to content

Discuss This Electric coast to coast record set General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Electric coast to coast record set

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Ped Baker  says:

Electric coast to coast record set

American firm Moto-Electra has set a coast-to-coast world record for electric vehicles. The team rode 2500-miles on the trans-continental run, crossing the USA in three and a half days using the same battery. The 84.5 hour feat was completed by riding 24 hours a day, stopping every two hours in order to charge the battery for one hour. Built around a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 June 2013 15:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

If I buy one of these bikes, will it come complete with a chase vehicle and generator? If not, I'm not buying one. Can't see the point myself as this doesn't relate to riding in the real world.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Average speed 44mph

That's average while it was moving. Including the charging, it was 30mph. Still, during that 28 hours of enforced inactivity, they probably sent a whole bunch of telegrams and got a powerful lot of whittling done.

Reply to this Topic
scotsmaninusa

Apr 10

long way to go

before they will compete with tesla,they got one to travel 300 on a single charge.

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

This relates..

..to the "real" world by pushing current technologies just a bit further. Think back when internal combustion engines were taking a firm hold. Endeavors like this and racing, pushing prevailing technologies further with each step, tends to trickle down to what we as consumers will find available to us one day..maybe? I congratulate them.

Reply to this Topic
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

Interesting choice

of styling for a vehicle that is pushing the limits of technology for the future of motorised transport. I'm with Sackman though in applauding their efforts to showcase this technology with this trip but I'm not sure they've achieved too much considering there are other systems currently available that will go further and longer on a single charge. Bloody good excuse for a road trip though. What they have highlighted in order for the range issue to be overcome is the need for the country to be bristling with charging sites with access to whittling paraphernalia while you wait. The DVD will be out soon... 'The Long Wait in Town'.

Reply to this Topic
bob9t9

Dec 05

bob9t9 says:

Spot on Rogorborg

Slower than a scooter and slightly faster than a pushbike. I can see how the team would be chuffed but it's not really relevant to the world. Until the "25 - 30 charging stations" stop running off coal fuelled power stations it's all bollocks anyway.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Fuel Cells

When a fuel cell powered electrical motorcycle comes out with a 200+ mile range that can be refueled in less than 5 minutes comes out, I will consider buying one.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices