You are in... Forums > General > General > 1985 GSXR750 F Rebuild/Restoration

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Kess

Jun 13

Kess says:

1985 GSXR750 F Rebuild/Restoration

Well, I am now coming to the close to the end of this project. It is not as big as some restorations and I will not be able to afford to get the panels resprayed and re-decaled until I get more available cash, but I hope to have the bike on the road in the next fortnight after what has been a rather lengthy project. Sadly I missed a whole year from the project owing to a foot injury.

It started in 2010 with the building of a large workshop and carried on from there. I have a blog covering pretty much all of the work that has been done which contains many pictures and details of the journey including a number of howtos' etc. ALL of the work I have done myself, and includes a full engine rebuild with new bearings etc.

The Suzuki GSXR750 F from 1985 is of course the bike that sired all of the breeds of Superbikes and so is quite special in that respect.

The full blog can be found here and will open in a new browser page. It is now updated whenever I get the chance. Please feel free to leave any comments on the blog or follow it.

I have also created a short timelapse video of the bike being broken down which might amuse you for 20 seconds or so that can be found here

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 June 2013 07:08)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

I have one

My uncle died in january this year and i inherited two bikes a gsxr 750g and a gt 250  x7 pics attached ....well done by the way

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

This is the x 7 engine

Going to strip the frame today and shot blast and paint it my self :sunglasses:

Attached images:

1. x7 006  
  2. x7 007  
  3. x7 008  
Reply to this Topic