Skip to content

Ask an Expert First Bike Project - What to get? Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > First Bike Project - What to get?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Skerby

May 09

Skerby says:

First Bike Project - What to get?

Hi All,

My dad and I are looking for a joint project bike to be able to "tinker" with and return it to good condition. We both are mechnically minded however we dont have so much experience with bike mechanics. Over the last few years I have completely serviced of my own bike (Triumph TT600 )  with the hope of learning as much as I can ( so far so good) However we are looking for a bike that has an abundance of cheap and available parts but is also going to retain its value and be easy to work on.

We are looking at spending upto £1k for the bike to start with. Any ideas on what bikes would be good for this type of project?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 June 2013 07:57)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ginnelli

Mar 07

Ginnelli says:

Project

Hi Skerby. I heard on the radio that there is a bike show on this weekend at Newark showground. Depending on where you live is it not worth a trip to see whats selling, parts/bikes etc. Just check to make sure. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Are you

planning to sell it or keep it?
Big bike or 125?
Any particular style of bike?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance