Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi boosted by braking breakthrough MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi boosted by braking breakthrough

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi boosted by braking breakthrough

Valentino Rossi hailed his successful Motorland Aragon test appearance as one of his best days since returning to Yamaha, despite finishing almost a second slower than factory YZR-M1 teammate Jorge Lorenzo. The Italian was all smiles and full of optimism heading to the next race in Assen after he set a personal best time of 1.49.007 that put him fourth behind...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 303 days ago (20 June 2013 09:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Huskymick

May 13

Huskymick says:

Improvement !

But is almost a second slower than his team mate, that's worse than any of the practice times from the last six motogp !!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ho, ho, ho

False dawn nr. 46 since 2011.

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

I reckon the old dog might just do ok...yes he was a second slower but it doesn't sound like it was his best potential. Assen may just be a bit more interesting. Still reckon it'll be Jorge or Pedrosa on the top step tho.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

One of you didn't read why he was a second off.... He has raced the likes of Stoner, Ped and Lorenzo before, he has beaten them all many times before, you don't just lose that speed. He is just coming off from 2 disastrous seasons at Ducati and has to get the bike to his liking. His results would look a lot better if he didn't crash out 2 races in a row, but that's how it goes. I hope he gets back to his old self, however maybe he's too old to learn new tricks to keep him ahead at this point.

Reply to this Topic
ivan_lima

Jul 05

ivan_lima says:

Only positive comments from me

Ignoring the chorus of Rossi-fan haters...

I think that there has been proper progress made over the last two races and indeed the testing sessions this week. Being punted off by Bautista didn't help, but I think a possible 3rd and last week's 4th are nothing to be ashamed of and - qualifying aside - pretty consistent. Even if it was behind the pace of Lorenzo. Towards mid season there could be more consistent battles for the podium rather than distant 4ths

He's been talking about his pace at the beginning of the race which has hindered him and meant that as the race has gone on he has sped up but the Spaniards have cleared off.

Truth is that he and his team have been battling against the side-effects of two years with the career-wrecking Ducati (and how satisfying it is to see how little progress they are making when Dovizio tells them straight that 'everything needs to be improved'). The other factor is that over those same two years the M1 has been rightly developed to suit Lorenzo, and Rossi simply does not ride like Lorenzo. BUT he has been making slow and steady progress with the front and I believe this is one of the key factors preventing him from being able to qualify better.

Comments about Rossi preferring a harder front aren't guff: The new (softer) hard tyre is not good because it was developed for the 800s and does not take into account the added weight and horsepower. This is also a factor but less so, because all the teams are having to work around this.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

It is promising...

... last time he raced a Yamaha here he qualified a second off the pace & finished 6th... so he's effectively back to where he was 2 & a half years ago & way better than the second & a half off the pace that he was on the Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

GPone has the translation as, 'I tried jorge's swing arm, but it was a little to stiff'....basically the opposite of MCN so it's wise to take translations with a pinch of salt. However you need a pound of sugar to swallow the mindless raving of our favourite hedgerow.... And of course Nostro our new self-styled Father Christmas, you're early, though I kinda like the idea of only hearing from you once a year..

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

A second slower

Doesn't mean he was going balls out to top the timing sheets. He was trying out front and rear set up, possibly on different fuel loads and looking at tyre degradation. Maybe with all his testing he'll come good at race days. The more bods fighting for the top spot each race is what I'm after, pure and proper racing and it will be about time it happens as in recent years it has become almost predicable......

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs...

"mindless raving of our favourite hedgerow"

Sorry... did I get something wrong?... erm, no... didn't think so. It is what it is... a test & he's a second off the pace at a circuit he's not too good at.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

sounds like

he's playing mind games with himself. No attempt at a fast lap in case reality intruded on the good feeling.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle