Skip to content

Discuss This Alvaro Bautista explains Catalunya near miss with Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Alvaro Bautista explains Catalunya near miss with Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Alvaro Bautista explains Catalunya near miss with Valentino Rossi

Alvaro Bautista has defended himself against fierce criticism from Valentino Rossi after the pair came close to being involved in a controversial first lap collision for the second race in succession in Catalunya last Sunday. Gresini Honda rider Bautista crashed on the opening lap of his home race while attempting to pass Rossi’s factory Yamaha YZR-M1 for fifth position. But he lost...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 June 2013 09:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Previous..

Listen Pal..you reduced the discussion about Bautista into a pot shoot at Rossi, same as you do most of the time.

Then, in your attempts to further clear Alvaro's besmirched reputation and hoping to strengthen your hand, mistakenly accused Dovi of taking his front wheel out.

Now, in an attempt to save face after you've been exposed trolling, you call everything a racing incident and try to wriggle out of implications we are all capable of comprehending?

You spineless Chump.

Zero fkin credibility. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Well Wosi, I can live comfortably being rated as having zero credibility by you. It's a weightless accusation.

You're more interested in acting the forum big man with personal put-downs than you ever will be in rational discussion with anyone, demonstrated again with your last post and your trademark 'look pal'.

Trying to clear Bautista's besmirched reputation? Your words not mine. He made a real mess of Assen with Lorenzo, his fault clearly. The others weren't solely down to him, just circumstance. It's what I've said each time.

Trolling and saving face? - yeah whatever. But something you'd know all about.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

in isolation

like Simoncelli before him, incidents in isolation can be deemed racing incidents, but when the incidents start piling up, and piling up is what transpires in these incidents involving Alvaro, bad management or bad judgement starts to look likely.  To me he appears to both overestimate his own skill and/or the capabilities of his bikes, and to lack anticipation of what other riders are likely to do, such as turn or brake to make a corner.The Dovi, Lorenzo and Rossi incidents make it 5 riders he has taken out in 3 incidents in 2 years, and I believe there is another incident, not that I specifically recall it.

Not many would consider me to be a Rossi fan, and I am not a Marquez fan and consider several of his practice incidents to be indefensible. I wouldn't argue that they are not cut more slack/take more liberties than some, but by and large their audacious moves (or Marquez's moves in races at least) come off and don't take other riders out, and almost/running the risk of doing so is different imo than actually succeeding in doing so.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Doohanfan...

"like Simoncelli before him, incidents in isolation can be deemed racing incidents, but when the incidents start piling up, and piling up is what transpires in these incidents involving Alvaro, bad management or bad judgement starts to look likely."

In the last 2 years how many times has Rossi got caught up in Racing Incidents & not made it through the 1st lap? Motegi/Valencia/Mugello... any others? I've said before, someone with Rossi's experience should be both trying harder during qualifying & keeping his wits about him during the 1st lap.

Reply to this Topic
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

When it comes down to it, this is supposedly the pinnacle of motorcycle racing, so surely expecting the people even down in 10th place to not make bone headed moves especially on the first lap isn't un reasonable. And I disagree with the statement that Rossi isn't trying hard in qualifying, he is, he's just not fast enough.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Veritas...

"And I disagree with the statement that Rossi isn't trying hard in qualifying, he is, he's just not fast enough."

Then he may have to accept that & the fact that from further down in the pack you have to take extra care... or history will continue repeating itself.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

rossi

was also on an inherently unstable bike on which Stoner had 4 or 5 dnfs the year before, as against none in 2009 and 2011, unless you agree with Wosi those were all down to Stoner's riding. Alvaro has done it it without fear or favour on Aprilias, Suzukis, and Hondas of varying specifications, recently a (supposed) factory spec bike. Bautista's incidents also involve him (obviously not deliberately) riding into other riders, which Rossi has seldom done in my memory, except for the Gibernau incident, with the 2 incidents to which Stoner took exception involving loses or semi-loses, reckless or otherwise depending on point of view.

I do recall the  one Bautista-like first corner banzai charge by Valentino in 2011, but don't recall him taking anyone else out, which possibly did involve some luck.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Overstating grid position..

Assen 2012..Lorenzo qualified front row, Bautista was 8th.

It didn't stop a thing.

Mugello 2013. Lorenzo apologised to Dani after an overly aggressive move nearly had them both down. One & Two.

Shit can, and does happen wherever..especially when the bloods up and red mist is down early doors.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

You've given 1 example of a front row rider being taken out by a guy who qualified 5 places behind him... I gave you 3 from crap qualifying for just 1 rider... there were of course others. You know it's more likely to happen the further down the field you qualify.

"Shit can, and does happen wherever..especially when the bloods up and red mist is down early doors."

You've just proved that it obviously can & that it's less likely if your at the front... qualify at the front & everybody wants to be there but few are, qualify mid-pack & the front guys who got a crap start all converge with the slower guys who got a good start & the average guys who got an average start & you have mayhem... which is what has generally been said all along, & Rossi's record proves it.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Proving it?

You keep telling us it's more likely to happen H5..but for MCN's Mister Statto there appears to be a distinct lack of hard facts and objective evidence.

It's only your opinion Pal. 

My point is with a loose cannon like Alvaro around, there are no guarantees. Other riders make mistakes that can have a detrimental effect on competitors too..sometimes even front row Aliens.

Like your fuck buddy Bati Bulto, you're just looking to shift Brain Out Bautista's repeatedly questionable judgement to Rossi.

We can all read you Orange wet-wipes like a book.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices