Skip to content

Discuss This Alvaro Bautista explains Catalunya near miss with Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Alvaro Bautista explains Catalunya near miss with Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Alvaro Bautista explains Catalunya near miss with Valentino Rossi

Alvaro Bautista has defended himself against fierce criticism from Valentino Rossi after the pair came close to being involved in a controversial first lap collision for the second race in succession in Catalunya last Sunday. Gresini Honda rider Bautista crashed on the opening lap of his home race while attempting to pass Rossi’s factory Yamaha YZR-M1 for fifth position. But he lost...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 June 2013 09:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Ok Firebird

Apologies if I mistook your meaning

But in my view they were both unfortunate racing incidents, especially Mugello. This one, if Rossi hadn't have squeezed him they'd both have made the corner and Rossi, if he is that much better, could have just taken him back later.

By squeezing him as he did, Rossi risked getting himself taken out of the race and that was his choice. He knew Bautista was inside him (no smut please...)

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Postulation Bulto

To suit your anti Rossi agenda. Bautista fucked up on his own, he wasn't squeezed, and he hasn't claimed he was squeezed. You'd wager Rossi would use him as a berm? Just how many times has that happened in a 17 year career?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

DT

Then I suggest you watch it again. There were a good few feet between them when they turned in. Bautista was heading for the inside towards the kerb. So did Rossi. They converged towards the same point.

Bautista doesn't run out wide into Rossi, Rossi heads towards the inside as well, which means he closed in on Bautista.

I didn't blame Rossi or say it was his fault did I. An unfortunate incident that's all. Bautista didn't look as though he'd have any trouble making the corner, he Rossi and Crutchlow were together and doing the same speed.

Nothing to do with anti-Rossi agenda but I wonder how big a deal people would have made of it had the other rider not been Rossi on both occassions.

Jerez 2005 ring any bells. Or an out of control lunge at the top of the corkscrew 2008?

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

bulto

It was exactly like marquez...bautista would have never, and did not make the corner because he arrived too hot trying to get past rossi on the brakes. He tried to stuff it up the inside on a fucked up trajectory...in his own words he said everyone was on the outside line. Now i wonder why that is? Maybe because, oh i dont know....that was the only way to make the corner! His trajectory was exactly like marquez's so you have proved me right...as i agree marquez probably wouldnt have made the corner without jorge there....bautista wouldnt have either....oh wait....he didnt as he had to turn to sharp to make the turn from the crazy angle...there is a reason no one else was on that line...it was a shit line to attempt with a full tank of gas and cold tires...how did rossi "squeeze" him when he almost ran off the track avoiding him. You call it squeezing....so should rossi have parked and waved him past just because bautista wanted to pass him. Buatista crashed because hes a shit rider who makes poor decisions on the track...thats well documented....you can cling to a couple of rossis mistakes, but rossis win/fuckup ratio is a wee bit better than bautistas fuckup/ even bigger fuckup ratio, so rossi gets a bit more leeway mate...

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

And look at the picture in this article....rossis long gone and numbnuts still sliding...doesnt look like squeezing to me...

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

I cannot believe people are still blaming Rossi for this!! Are you sure you're watching the same races as us less manic fans? Even after Bautista says what happened and that it was his fault all the jealous Rossi haters still blame Rossi!! Hilarious, why don't you just take up knitting or origami! lmao!!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

And look at the picture in this article....rossis long gone and numbnuts still sliding...doesnt look like squeezing to me...

Because as they went into the corner side by side, as Rossi was coming across, Bautista had to keep right into the kerb. They were very close. At that point Rossi started to move out towards the outside, maybe that's when he realised someone was there and Bautista's bike was now behind his suggesting he'd also slowed to try and hold the tighter line. That's when he lost it and that's why he went behind Rossi when he slid and not into him.

His move was nothing like Marquez who came from way back and was never even pointing towards the corner. Rossi and Bautista were side by side.

What you're saying is no-one should overtake in the first couple of laps on cold tyres

Bluehaze - sorry if you didn't understand the following comment but not sure I can make it any more simple

I didn't blame Rossi or say it was his fault did I. An unfortunate incident that's all.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

BLAME OTHER PEOPLE

ISN'T IT ROSSI'S STYLE SINCE HE WAS AT YAMAHA AND DUCATI??? blaming set up, blaming the bike while he surgery ducati from top to bottom and front to end, now he blame bautista????? c'mon!!!! the same new old excuse he spill it thousands times!!!! do you all see the pattern??? he can't challenge the front and blamed bautista for that. hallo...????? jerk!

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

marquez

look at the last race. he rode it to hard. and he lean his body too far. he's dangerous. he can crash again. stoner rode honda not like that. he was lean his body but not too far like marquez. and surely he can't use dani's way. he can end up like simmonceli. but that's my opinion.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

you are wrong. I subscibe to motogp.com and have commercial free access to all vids. So i too have watched the incident. Amazed at how you not only call it a racing incident as opposed to yet another buatista screw up, but you are actually trying to blame rossi for the crash. Bautista did come from way back...he just didnt put the brakes on in time...which was why he got next to rossi at the apex.Drawing alongside rossi at the apex because he came in way too hot is much different than trying to stuff it up the inside...though on tv at first glance they appear similar...until the front washes out. Then most people can see that the rider came in too hot for the desired trajectory.Even though im a rossi fan, I can admit that he came in too hot for the trajectory, when he took out stoner at jerez. According to your logic, stoner must have tried to block rossi and not allow him room to make the corner, by moving out of the way for him. So by your logic its stoners fault that rossi crashed, or at the very least a racing incident. Yet you like to go on about what a stupid move it was by rossi. You cant have it both ways bud...you just want to hate rossi and are blinded by that. Bautista's  "marquez-like" line meant that he had to turn too sharply to get around the corner...same as rossi's at jerez...which is why he crashed. It had nothing to do with Rossi, just as it had nothing to do with stoner. And thats being generous to buatista, as rossi's record of pulling those moves off is a WEE BIT better than bautistas, and he was charging through the field at the time, not just making a wild reckless attempt on the 4th corner of the first lap. Buatista was pissed that rossi had gotten by him at the start of the race...again, and was trying to prove that he was rossis equal...which he aint!! He even said he took a differerent line trying to get past, as everyone was on the outside line ( read CORRECT LINE). He went on to say that jorge ,dani, marc, cal, and vale were "holding him up" so he" tried to pass them". That sums it up really. Bautista thinks those guys are are his peers, when really they are his betters. Im definitely not saying no one should try to overtake in the first couple of laps on cold tires....Im saying, BAUTISTA SHOULD'T, as he doesnt have the talent to pull it off...his record speaks for itself in that one...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices