Skip to content

Discuss This Alvaro Bautista explains Catalunya near miss with Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Alvaro Bautista explains Catalunya near miss with Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Alvaro Bautista explains Catalunya near miss with Valentino Rossi

Alvaro Bautista has defended himself against fierce criticism from Valentino Rossi after the pair came close to being involved in a controversial first lap collision for the second race in succession in Catalunya last Sunday. Gresini Honda rider Bautista crashed on the opening lap of his home race while attempting to pass Rossi’s factory Yamaha YZR-M1 for fifth position. But he lost...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 June 2013 09:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

bulto...

post below is for you lad...

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

For you VFR

Your whole case against mine is based upon me blaming Rossi because I hate him. You either can't or won't read comments properly or you choose to ignore them and put your own spin on things.

I've said at least half a dozen times I don't blame Rossi, it was an unfortunate incident, the last time was in my last response to you, only five comments back..!!  timed at 08:39  -  take a look. I've also said the same on the "Rossi blasts Bautista" topic.

No idea why you're comparing it to Rossi / Stoner - no comparison whatsoever. Or to Marquez who never even managed to point his bike towards the corner.

Look at your uninterupted coverage from all angles again. Rossi and Bautista were side by side yards before they turned in. Bautista may have been a front wheel length behind, Rossi may not have known he was there, who knows. There was nothing wrong with Bautista's line into the corner, the only problem was they were both converging on the same piece of track again. Bautista had nowhere to go. Unfortunate incident.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

There was nothing wrong with bautistas line if he was alone on the track....there was a whole lot wrong with his line in those circumstances, proven by the fact that he crashed. He is reckless and is not making calculated risks...he is just closing his eyes(metaphorically speaking), and hoping that it will magically all turn out ok. He has proven this by ruining top riders races through his foolishness time and time again. If this was his first time id say racing incident...to foolishly try the same move twice in two races( coincidently to the same rider both times...though that is not important....its just the fact that he didnt learn from his mistake). He has a history of barreling into people on the first lap....that is the issue i have....he has not benefitted from the negative experience and become better...thats what makes him stupid and dangerous...Everyone of course has their own opinion....mines just correct thats all...lol

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

He has proven this by ruining top riders races through his foolishness time and time again.

He has a history of barreling into people on the first lap

Are you sure? Which occassions / riders?

The only rider he's barrelled into on the first lap was Lorenzo and yes, that was an ill-judged move for sure with little or no hope of coming off.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Your man Dovi took Bautista's front wheel which is what turned him into a Corse bowling ball

No good jumping into the tail end of a book - you miss the chapters that may just have explained that one...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Catalunya..

You're interpretation of events leaves you in a minority of one Bulto..and I think we all understand why.

Once again you protest too much and want us to take you seriously, when in actual fact you should be up for Trolling Bullshit of the Year award.

You're entitled to an opinion..but don't take us for mugs son?

You HAVE blamed Val for Bautista's crash, despite the typically 'I never said that..' U-turn stance now. Your comments ARE agenda filled and the sniping bitterness leaves no room for mistaking this.

Rossi left Alvaro space and did not squeeze, close his line or chop his nose off and if he was in control, he wouldn't have crashed.

If Val hadn't let his brakes off a little allowing more space..Bautista would have collected him for the 2nd time in two races. He has held his hand up and admitted fault. His own team boss has publicly stated he made errors of judgement.

Tellingly, he says.."Maybe the track was not like in the practice..If the conditions were like in the practice I would not have crashed. I was close to overtake him."

Conditions weren't the same though, they never are..Close, but no cigar Alavaro. 

Fortunately for the Spaniard, nobody else suffered. If he'd skittled Rossi or any other rider, given history, there'd have been no grounds for complaints at a penalty and he will have to keep his nose clean at Assen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=ut5wOVows6I&feature=endscreen

As for Valencia 2011, there was contact between Dovi's back wheel and Alvaro's front. Nobody got sanctioned. It was a first corner incident..4 riders side-by-side with Bautista trying to be the 5th and squeeze into a gap that wasn't there.

Look how far back he came from compared to Rossi. The onboard shows how ambitious the move was.

My take is that he didn't figure Dovi would be there braking so hard. Realising he's struggling to make a clean pass on Rossi and right on the limit himself, he jinks a fraction to the left changing line. His front wheel hits the Honda riders back wheel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzZGzRW5SRM

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

The thing with.......

.......Valencia that makes me think that AB wouldn't have made the corner cleanly, is the fact that Dovi was clearly in front yet AB's rear wheel was off the deck just prior to Dovi 'clipping'(?) him. Kinda makes me think that AB would've struggled to make the turn regardless.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Once again Wosi you've reduced your argument to Rossi hating. Think what you like limp-dick, not once have I blamed Rossi and don't give a toss for your contradiction of the fact. I said Rossi squeezed him yes, I didn't say he squeezed him deliberately and tried to run him off track. I said both were heading for the same bit of track, an unfortunate incident.

Not too long ago you were saying you can't blame Bautista for trying. Contrary to the "old adage", races can and have been won on the first lap. Lorenzo has just done it twice by hitting the front on the first corner, clearing off and running his own lines unhindered by a bike in front that he may otherwise not be able to pass during the race. If it didn't matter why do they try so hard to be in that position?

Perhaps a new rule is called for seeing as how no-one thinks there should be overtaking during the first couple of laps whilst the tyres are cold. The race starts as normal from their qualifying grid positions but they must complete the first two laps in that order to get the tyres warm, the pace being controlled by the pole-sitter. The rider in 4th must maintain a gap of 2 seconds to 3rd in order that the top three can get away unhindered and have their own race as no-one is allowed to race wth them as they are the only riders capable of winning the tile. The rest don't matter and should keep well out of their way. Once they cross the line to begin lap three can overtaking is allowed.

Valencia 2011 - Racing incident, that's what I said. Don't know where you get the bit about Bautista coming from way back. You could throw a blanket over Rossi, Dovi and Bautista all the way down to the corner. Can't see how Bautista's slight left jink had anything to do with touching as he didn't move into Dovi and from the overhead Dovi looks to move right into his path. Dovi and Bautista hit the brakes at the same time. Bautista's on-board shot offers no perspective at all and your assertion he was trying to pass Rossi is fanciful at best. You can analyse this forever with all the different shots. They had a split second reaction time. 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Benny

At Valencia 2011, Dovi was in front and on the inside - Bautista mis-judged his braking, and simply rode into the back of his bike.

They were almost level, Dovi was only just in front. They both brake at the same time. Dovi looked to be the one struggling and was still pointing straight ahead whilst all around were turning in. He clipped the front wheel because he was still going straight and Bautista pretty well had nowhere to go.

Not Dovi's fault, just a first corner incident, of which there are plenty every season, not all involving Bautista.

Assen with Lorenzo, his fault entirely. I think he's being hard done by with these two.

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

That village idiot? OK but we pick him last.

Wosi reminds me of the idiot school kid that craves attention, at all costs. To the point of acting contrary to the accepted norms and comments of a rediculous nature not based on rational analysis. Given the overwealming evidence from many posts it's reasonable to conclude this poster is indeed a very lonely soul. So lets keep responding to Wosi's posts and include him in the community. I know I will. After all who will we be left with to point the finget at? As for AB? He did the same to Hiroshi Ayoyama (I can't have spelt that right!) in a 250cc race the year he became WC. But it has been quite rightly pointed out that all incidents should be analysed on a case by case basis. Example being the incident with Dovi and the other with Rossi at Mugello.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices