Skip to content

Discuss This Michael Laverty to be given 2014 MotoGP deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Michael Laverty to be given 2014 MotoGP deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Michael Laverty to be given 2014 MotoGP deal

Irishman Michael Laverty has been told he will get another crack at MotoGP in 2014 after some impressive performances on Paul Bird’s British-built PBM chassis. The former BSB winner failed to finish for the first time in his rookie campaign when he fell out on the opening lap of last weekend's Catalunya clash in Barcelona. Millionaire boss Bird now intends to keep...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 300 days ago (21 June 2013 09:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Good

He deserves that.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Made in Britain.

Hat's off to Laverty and well done..love the way he talks about technical issues and trying to find solutions. Real insight.

If Stoner can get recognised in the Queens Birthday list..Birdy should have a knighthood for services to British bike racing.

No bullshit and doesn't suffer wishy washy flouncers. Puts his money where his mouth is..

Top effort boys..proud of yah!

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Excellant

Well done Michael and good luck

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Laverty

Better rider than me thats for sure , but wobbling around in 17th for another year , what good is that to either him or PBM ?

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Good news

He's done himself justice so far this season and the continuity into next season is exactly what's needed if PBM are serious about MotoGP. Not particularly a fan of Birdy but if he's up for it then I suppose he'll do. I know they're all raving about Yonny Hernandez but I reckon they need a Lowes brother on it.  I'd be interested to see how Eugene Laverty would go on an ART too.

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

Michael has done a really good job on that bike - slightly disappointed he hasn't been given a full ART bike as I think the PBM chassis is a slight hindrance, but after a full years worth of development it may be less of an issue. As it is I think Laverty is outshining Hernandez in the team - at the beginning of each weekend Laverty has no track specific data to speak of (or track knowledge in some instances) - but typically by the end of each weekend he is lapping at a similar pace if not quicker.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Superb

I reckon Michael has done a brilliant job this season, he's going to new tracks on a bike with a brand new chassis, they can't get much useful data from last seasons ART bike.

It is getting better and better ... he'll be mixing it with the top CRT teams next season and possibly one or two stragglers on the proddie Honda's and Yam engined bikes.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Sod that

save the cash and buy a production 'onda for 2014 and then see how the boy can do

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

I think i am the only..

..one that thinks CRTs are a joke and waste of time and money.

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

@rocketri17

I agree CRT's are a bit of a waste - definitely creating a championship within a championship but if they weren't there we would only have 12 bikes to watch - I see them as a stop gap to fill the grid whilst the big manufacturer's sort out their 'production' bikes. I do however enjoy it when a CRT mixes it with a full prototype though - always love an underdog. I don't understand PBM's logic of not using a second ART bike though,it seems a waste of time and money developing the PBM chassis - especially once the customer RCV's are made available as they are sure to make the current CRT's even more uncompetitive and therefore virtually obsolete.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle