Skip to content

Discuss This LCR Honda unlikely to expand MotoGP effort in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > LCR Honda unlikely to expand MotoGP effort in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

LCR Honda unlikely to expand MotoGP effort in 2014

Lucio Cecchinello’s LCR Honda squad appears to have abandoned plans to expand to a two-rider effort in the 2014 MotoGP world championship. Before the start of the current season the Italian outlined plans to possibly increase his involvement by purchasing a production Honda RC213V to develop a young rider in the premier class. But Honda confirmed this week that it is unlikely...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 June 2013 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Will Bradl still be in the picture if he hasn't bucked his ideas up?

I'm a fan of Stefan Bradl but a little bit disappears every time I see him lob it up the road. He has a good solid result then loses the front at the next opportunity. At least some of his issues will be Showa related after a lifetime on Öhlins although he does have a more direct link to the factory than Öhlins riders (generally) do so it's not all negatives. 

If he doesn't start producing 4ths and podiums with teutonic proficiency he'll find HRC's attention wandering off towards the next big thing to come out of the little classes. If HRCs interest in Scott Redding is legit then maybe, just maybe...

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Have

you had your hair done Rev? I as a team owner would be more intrested in the Yamaha package as you could in theory produce the best chassis out there and be competative. The Hondas will be good for mid pack imo.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Proddie Hondas

that is.

Reply to this Topic
klacto

Oct 12

klacto says:

Bradl

Why would anyone be a fan of Bradl? I find it a genuine puzzle and I'm not being sarcastic. He has no personality, hasn't pulled up trees in Moto2, because he was a shoo in after Marquez destroyed his own chances two years ago, and hasn't done anything of real note in MotoGP, if anything he is going backwards. So as I say, what has the guy got to be a fan off? Big puzzle.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Not entirely fair that

At the point the decision to sign Bradl was made he was showing good form and real promise but from that point on the transition hasn't been ideal and he hasn't adapted as well as the paper said he should. The personality bit is irrelevant really and he's not the only dullard by a longshot.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Thats

what I said. And Bradl is brolly dolly shagger by all accounts.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

You'll be a little yellow bed-wetter then I gather klacto.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

@ jamie

Right or wrong, personality is incredibly important in MotoGP. The people funding the series have little interest in riders with no marketable personality. Why do you think those in charge shit themselves at the thought of Rossi retiring? Why do you thing Colin Edwards still has a seat? Why does Nicky Hayden always get Ducati's backing?

All these guys sell tickets and bikes. Sure, they're talented riders, but their fans love them for their personalities, and Dorna know this all too well. Bradl? Not so much. If you've got no personality you need to be as good as Dani and Jorge to stay in the sport.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

ColonelClaw

that post is far too sensible for these forums - but you're absolutely right - I've said exactly that in the past but of course it falls on deaf ears.

As an interesting fact - Bautistas punt on Lorenzo at Assen last year was his 1 and only DNF he finished 5th in the championship - conversely Bradl had 4 DNF's and finished 8th in the championship.  Crutchlow, Spies and DePuniet all had 5 crashes and finished 7th 10th and 13th respectively.   Don't know exactly what that proves but it must say something!   Probably - stay on the bike and be consistent.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

I think you're confusing personality with marketability

A perky character might make you more marketable but it has bugger all to do with riding the bejesus out of a motorbike. If you're talking about money and getting gullible folk to buy what you tell them to then you've lost me, sorry.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices