Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati confident Ben Spies can return in Laguna or Indianapolis MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati confident Ben Spies can return in Laguna or Indianapolis

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati confident Ben Spies can return in Laguna or Indianapolis

Ducati is hoping injured Texan Ben Spies can be fit enough to return to MotoGP action on home soil in Laguna Seca or Indianapolis. The 2009 World Superbike champion believes the California clash on July 21 might be too soon to return from a serious right shoulder injury he sustained in a rain-hit Sepang race last October. Spies is undertaking an intensive...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 June 2013 13:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Spies

Same sort of injury that ended Foggy's career and more recently Hodgson.  Good luck to him but it could be the end of the line.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Career ending injury?

We don't know that Saturn. Prognosis is for a full recovery. I don't think this was the case for Hodgson at least. What type of Spies we see after that remains to be seen.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Hopefully not Nostro - I think a fit and confident Spies could still be capable of rattling a few cages.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Unless his head's gone

It's got to be running around his mind, am I good enough? Why me all the time? I don't think he can get to the level required and especially not now Marc Marquez has turned up, it'll only get worse when Redding, Rins, Viñales and co land. He might be a man for the Panigale though.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Fingers crossed he is recovered by then but I have always said when he is fully recovered Spies will be on the tail of the works Ducati riders and his team-mate.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

next stop likely to be WSBK.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Rossi and Spies to WSB next year, and aaazzzzzzzziiiiffffff Dorna's gonna let that happen.

Marquez Lorenzo and Pedro fighting for the motogp title on the telly one week,Rossi Spies Sykes Marco Guinters Rea Laverty and Chaz fighting for wins in WSB on the telly the next Sunday mmmmm.........I can only dream.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I reckon Ben should get to full fitness first. Taming the Ducati GP bike is a handfull to say the least.

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Spies

I'm sure he has some mental healing as well after being toyed with by Yamaha (different parts from JL, a broken swingarm, other mysterious issues).

Once he's healed and believes Ducati is behind him he will give 110%.  He didn't race AMA and WSBK the way he did because of nothing...

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

yep

Spies also impressed at WSBK too. Mind you that Yami was hot. Perhaps Spies has a little more respect for his body than the other top riders... still brave though.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices