Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati confident Ben Spies can return in Laguna or Indianapolis MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati confident Ben Spies can return in Laguna or Indianapolis

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati confident Ben Spies can return in Laguna or Indianapolis

Ducati is hoping injured Texan Ben Spies can be fit enough to return to MotoGP action on home soil in Laguna Seca or Indianapolis. The 2009 World Superbike champion believes the California clash on July 21 might be too soon to return from a serious right shoulder injury he sustained in a rain-hit Sepang race last October. Spies is undertaking an intensive...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 June 2013 13:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hough

May 11

hough says:

To quote Mark& Lard, Whooooooooooo??? Seriously, who cares??

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

shouldering the blame ?

Maybe he should shoulder the responsibility , He knows it's over in moto gp ,Its a shame to see this unfolding as he did a great job In wsbk to get into gp, but the cream rises to the top ,this bit of milk is the bit at the bottom of the bottle that's gone sour and you throw it away !, , it's over Ben

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Cosher

I'm not fully up on the American system for developing young talent, but the european way seems to to better, the red bull rookies series etc and the likes in turning out masses of talent. What does the American do? would be interested to know, i dont believe its a lack of talent in American, maybe its just not getting its chance to rise to the top.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

Spies

What happened to this guy?? He was fast. Explanations anyone?

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

In the meantime

Get that terrible V8 driver Cassie Stonehouse on the thing! Hes doing so badly in the V8's he must be tempted to get back to 2 wheels, 404 points behing the championship leader, stop pissing about man!! 24 Casey Stoner Holden Commodore VE2 Red Bull Racing Australia 0 149 -404

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Spies

Cosher -- of the 315 million, about 25% are "imports", so that helps the numbers a bit... :-)

But frankly speaking, as an American, I think the only way that most will be successful in MotoGP is to do what Casey Stoner did:  his family moved from Austrailia so he could grow up in the system.  Transferring from AMA, or even WSBK to GP is not easy when so many come up through the ranks.

F1 in my mind is the same.  Boring NASCAR, and usually boring Indy car, do not translate to F1 easily.

However, now that Moto2 is 600 perhaps a few more Americans could find their way from the 600 classes in the US, but I think that in general there is no substiture for coming up through Moto3/2/GP.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I still

Think he has it in himself to win races but not where he is in moto gp, in fact not in this class at all. If he goes back to world superbikes I think we will see the the old Spies back. IMO there are three or four bikes in moto gp with the wrong riders on them, contracts or not the teams need to get this once great racing class back on its feet instead of the procession it has become.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices