Skip to content

Discuss This Electrickery New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Electrickery

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve farrell  says:

Electrickery

It looks like a moped but this electric scooter can legally be ridden by 14-year-olds with no licence, insurance or helmet, and carrying a pillion.  The £850 Dayun Electric Tandem Bike has a top speed of 15mph and can travel 30 miles between charges. It’s legally classed as an electrically assisted pedal cycle and also requires no road tax under...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 June 2013 17:03)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Won't take em long

There's been machines out there that do the same thing for a long time. However, none of them have looked so much like a proper scooter and haven't had a wide youth audience. I wouldn't be surprised if all it takes is a couple of dozen 14-year-olds riding these around in London before the government throws a wobbly and defines them as a moped/16. It strikes me that in London a maximum 15mph scooter might catch out a few unwary car drivers as well. They won't be expecting them to be so slow.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

The horror. THE HORROR.

HOWE DO I MAEK MY DAYONE GO FATSTER MIE MATES UNCLE WAS IN TEH SAS AND HE REKONS HE MAED HIS GOW 200MPH LEGIT.

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Shocking to

think the real horror Rogerborg is your literary skills!!

One or two deaths on these things and the Government will act, or so many will buy one that the Government will tax them or think of some other way to make money from them.

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

What happened to

my last post? Sorry Rogerborg, I know you were mucking about writing like that, there was a punchline about this dreadful cycle thing but it seems to have vanished...oh well, too late now.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

14 years old...

got spots, girl trouble, a 12 year old pillion, ya Justin Bieber race tee and tracky bottoms, Little Mix flip flops and a Black and Decker scoot.......Now what could possible go wrong?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

Shopping

What a ridiculous concept. 15mph, 30 mile limit, yellow, no shopping basket on the front. If You can't air your veg on the way home from the market it's no good to anyone. Givi, sort them out.

Reply to this Topic
stripple675

Aug 12

stripple675 says:

15mph ? use a push bike. no wonder there are so many fat bastards out there.

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

Triffic

Oh great, something else to hold up traffic. Round every corner there will be a queue of Nissan Micras behind one of these. Still makes a change from arrogant cyclists who think all traffic should follow them at less than 30mph. At least the inevitable donated organs will be good quality from 14 year olds.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Rogerborg

reckon Rowan Atkinson will be naming his tree for one of these monsters as well?

Reply to this Topic
MrGiggle

Nov 12

MrGiggle says:

Pavement?

Seen a load of these popping up around Norwich. Cheap ones that still go at some speed, especially when they're ridden on the pavement in busy periods. Seems to be the more chavvy and yobs who get them...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices