Skip to content

Discuss This Lotus to make 200bhp motorcycle New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Lotus to make 200bhp motorcycle

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Lotus to make 200bhp motorcycle

Iconic British sportscar brand Lotus is gearing up to build a 200bhp motorcycle which will use Formula One technology and will be built by a car racing team Kodewa and designed by the man who designed the Tron Lightcycle. Details are sketchy right now but there is a single image of a carbon-fibre fuel tank which has been released along with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 June 2013 17:27)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thedukeofhunslet

Nov 07

Here we go again...

The services of a PR company are very different from actually making a motorcycle. Does anyone remember the Norton Nemesis? 5 years of PR & Press Releases followed by a massive wet fart. Simon who? If I had millions and was looking for a bike designer I'd get a bike designer not someone who makes movie props. Finally... if it's a top end bike why is the PR release written for non-bikers? In these times nothing less than commercial success is a target and dropping it in the laps of people who don't 'do' bikes is a sure fire business failure.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Face it

If built, the Lotus will be unduly expensive, and be bought mostly by filthy rich collectors, and not people who would take the bike to a track day.

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

with the last

F1 inspired bike....still born (that orange effort from about 5 years ago) I shan't hold my breath on this one. Not least until MCN have road tested it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
dangerousnick

Jun 12

L.O.T.U.S

Lets hop its not like their cars Lots.Of.Trouble.Usually.Serious...

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Perhaps they'll get some help from Ford (Fixed Or Repaired Daily) or even Fiat (Fix It Again Tomorrow).

I remain unconvinced as to the veracity of this promulgation issued by an, at present, ethereal entity.

Jeeves, my medication, if you would be so kind. Oh, and bring me a fresh slice of raw liver, I feel a little rampant.  

Reply to this Topic
mrdata

Aug 02

mrdata says:

Picture

Thats a picture of an upside-down crash helmet right? Insight into their design philosophy?

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

LOTUS must have the same calendar as NORTON every day is April 1st.

Reply to this Topic
madproffesor

May 04

madproffesor says:

I had a 1980 Cb900F which had a full rebuild by one of Lotus's engine builders in the 90's. it produced 145bhp and went like stink. carbon fibre breather box and titanium engine gaurds. If this new bike goes like my one did it will be awesome.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Mad---------

WoW....145bhp from a standard 95bhp, in 1980.....jeese,,,that guy must have had some talent....reckon Formula one racing ...missed out big style..... would he be able to turn my Busa into a 320bhp monster ?????

Reply to this Topic
Lifeintheslowlane

Jun 10

Norton Nemesis anyone? - Deja vu - we're back in the Matrix

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices