Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Arctica18

Jun 13

Arctica18 says:

Returning to 2 wheels

Hi guys
I passed my test back in 2010 and had a year on a GSXR600. I had to sell it due to various circumstances and now after a 2 year hiatus I want to get back riding again.. I'm due to take a CB600F Hornet for a test ride tomorrow, I'm a bit nervous as I haven't ridden in 2 years and as daft as it sounds I'm not 100% sure if I remember how to? I'm hoping before I actually go out it will all come flooding back. Any advice on this would br much appreciated.
Also I am after a bit of advice on which bike I should go for.. It will be used mainly for commuting but also obvious weekend social riding. 
The bikes I am looking at are the CB600F Hornet, Suzuki GSR750, Yamaha XJ6, Kawasaki Z750R and my personal favorite so far the Triumph Street Triple 675.  
My main concern is fuel consumption and ideally I would like to get between 50 and 60 mpg, Will this be achievable on these machines? (I've seen a lot of mixed figures online) I travel between 35 and 40  miles a day mainly on A roads and through town so It won't be opened up much.
Hopefully you experts out there will tell me this is possible on the Triumph and make me a happy happy man! 
Anyway thanks in advance for any advice
Vince.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 June 2013 23:14)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

bike choice

www.visordown.com/road-tests-used/buyers-guide-triumph-street-triple/22703

Try looking on this site, set link to open at street triple but there are reviews for lots of bikes and you should be able to get all the info you need to make your choice, still best to test ride them though

:biggrin:

Tried the link there to check it but error message came up, if same happens to you just cut and paste address into your search facility and this will bring it up

:huh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Arctica18

Jun 13

Arctica18 says:

Bike choice

Very helpful and has given me an insight into a couple of my other choices! Much appreciated! 

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Budget?

If you're commuting (all weathers and / or year round), a fairing / weather protection is a good idea, and comfort will be a factor too.

If you've been out of it for 2 years, insurance may be a factor (you'll revert to newbie status) - I found the Triumph was considerably more expensive than the Hornet insurance-wise when I started out.

Also consider the Fazer 600 (70mpg has been achieved on the older FZS bikes, though riding style makes a massive difference), Suzuki's SV650, or Kawasaki's fuel-sipping ER6f.

Reply to this Topic
bernie600f

Mar 13

bernie600f says:

hornet

iv had 600 hornet for two years now love it, had since I past me test the only thing I would say is get one from 2004 on words as the ones upto have small tanks only 16 litrs, mind it doesn't bother me, not 50 miles to gallon mind u, xj6 may b better on fuel but street triples and z750 are sport bikes so may not have much better fueling I don't know about tank rang on these, but saying that hornet I wouldn't change from the one I got.it a t reg and 16 inch front wheel but wot the hell lol tell use wot u went for.

Reply to this Topic
Arctica18

Jun 13

Arctica18 says:

Bike choice

Well unfortunately the Triumph is just out of my price range so I am gearing towards the CB600 Hornet. Hopefully taking one out for a test ride tonight! 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices