Ask an Expert sat navs Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > sat navs

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

masterofpuppets

May 12

sat navs

Is it worth buying a sat nav? When I go out I have a map but end stopping to use my phone to help me. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 302 days ago (22 June 2013 20:04)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

SatNav

If you only need it for occasional use, why not get a powered handlebar mount for your smartphone and use the phone's navigation app as and when you need it.   

Reply to this Topic
masterofpuppets

May 12

sat nav

I was planning on using it for touring mainly, I don't fancy paying more on my phone bill.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

SatNav

Then I would recommend Garmin kit.  I have just upgraded from a Zumo 550 to the 660 - mainly because it sits better on my bike.  Quite a few used ones on Evilbay.  SatNav is great because you can plan specific routes if you want to, let the auto routing pick the route or just spend all day getting lost without having t worry about finding your way home.  When touring they are really great at finding hotels and petrol stations etc.  If you connect to Bluetooth you can even call ahead to make a reservation!     

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

satnavs

I love my Garmin Zumo660. It's been bounced down the road (but never actually came out of it's cradle), left out in the rain, washed with soapy water when washing the bike and it's still going strong.
It also comes with all the car kit you need, so you use it in the car too.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

Garmin

I've had 3 Garmins, all brilliant (though I'v never been one for smartphones!).  Can't remember the first one, then got a zumo550, and now have 660 (BMW Motorrad updated one).  The best thing is, you ride without a care in the world, then simple press the home button to quickly get you home or hotel etc.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle