You are in... Forums > General > General > Back protector

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

Back protector

Now I realise that brutale r will always be kitted out in the attached along with his Rossi ear plugs, but I wondered what opinions are on back protectors.

I hadn't really given it much thought until I read something recently, I just use the foam one that came with my jacket.

However, I'm thinking that I'll upgrade it to this:

level 2

but then wondered whether I really should be getting this:

The full monty

It's always seemed a bit over the top to go for the full protector - more for race tracks I'd assumed - but I wondered how others approached it?

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

1. armour  
  2. armour  
Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 June 2013 20:06)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

I have been looking at these, too.

None of the foam ones I've used fit very well and as I bend and break very easily I'm always thinking of the best way to protect myself. I can't afford an inflatable suit but some more armour is on my shopping list.

Specially as I seem to be travelling faster nowadays, thanks to the joys of modern motorcycles :huh:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I have

a forcefield insert and it's pretty hard and non maleable. For comfort I've found SAS-tec ones to be the best. In a crash I'd rather have the forcefield.

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

It seems

my thoughts on moving away from the standard foam one may be spot on then.

Yes the rapidity of my run out today got me thinking beelady.

I did wonder about the firmness of the Forcefield but it's CE level 2 and I suppose I'm thinking about crash effectiveness. Anyone tried the D3O stuff?

Reply to this Topic
slidersdown

Mar 07

slidersdown says:

knox

i started wearing a knox ricochet a few years ago and now wear it every trip i feel under dressed without it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

1. knox  
  2. knox  
Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Mind you,

I haven't come off on the road very often (usually when I used to prat around on field bikes, racing through the woods and suchlike) but when I have I seem to have a liking of falling and sliding on my front.

Sods law says if I buy a chest protector first I'm going to come off and land on my back.

And there's also the problem of getting kitted up without someone to help me on a bad day. My mates are very good about helping me out but I draw the line at having my chest fiddled with :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

Surely

that's a fringe benefit beelady :shock:

so i need a chest protector too......

aye, I've been having a look at the knox stuff too

Reply to this Topic
slidersdown

Mar 07

slidersdown says:

knox

you can also use them for mutant hero ninja turtle fancy dress :laugh:

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

Shit

if only i'd have bought 1 last week....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

improving safety

i started riding back in 08 and i have worn that make and type of back protector every single day i ride, where ever i ride. before i started riding i read an article about a man who lost traction on oil on a rural bend, got thrown clear of his bike, but hit a tree. i just tend to belive the back is a very big target, yet also darn handy for everyday living. 

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

improving safety

i started riding back in 08 and i have worn that make and type of back protector every single day i ride, where ever i ride. before i started riding i read an article about a man who lost traction on oil on a rural bend, got thrown clear of his bike, but hit a tree. i just tend to belive the back is a very big target, yet also darn handy for everyday living. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices