You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > cb700sc issues

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jaz21uk

Jan 13

jaz21uk says:

cb700sc issues

Hi all in need of help basically I cleaned the carbs out on my bike put them back on and the engine would crank very slowly not enough to turn over then eventually the solenoid burnt out so purchesed a new solenoid and battery for good measure and got no power at all checked the solenoid and I have power going to the solenoid but not coming out of it I've used 3 different solenoids and I have changed the enitre wiring harness any ideas

Cheers in advance
Jason

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 302 days ago (23 June 2013 20:55)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaz21uk

Jan 13

jaz21uk says:

update

hi guys so using a combination of parts from a fz600 starter my cb700sc starter casing and a rebuild kit i can now confirm i have a starter motor :D but when i turn the key in my ignition nothing happens im using an after market solenoid thati got on ebay made for the cb700sc the only difference i see is that this has a bladed fuse instead of a strip fuse in casing still getting nothing out of the 4 pin connector, i bypassed the 4 pin connector and ran straight from the positive on the solenoid to the ignition barell and i the bike lit up but still no power to the starter, so any ideas what the problem could be, all battery connections are good, it might be worth noting that before when she used to work if the key  jiggled to the right a bit it would cut out but as soon as it moved bad  like a millimeter it would power up again  would it be worth stripping the ignition barrel, also the fuse box was a bit temprimental sometimes i had to push down on the box to make the bike light up could this also be effecting it. futher more if i ran a wire straight up to the ignition from the battery would she start??

cheers in advance jason

Reply to this Topic
jaz21uk

Jan 13

jaz21uk says:

update

so after faffing around i brought and oem solenoid off of ebay and low and behold i finally get power through the 4 pin connector, but i hit the starter button and the lights dim but i get no click from the solenoid, if i bridge across the termnal and the starter spins and she trys to start, anyone got any ideas??

Also i have noticed i get no neutral light, could it be that the neutral switch/gear position switch has gone? 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle