Skip to content

Discuss This Aspar contemplating Yamaha engine deal for 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aspar contemplating Yamaha engine deal for 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aspar contemplating Yamaha engine deal for 2014

Aprilia’s MotoGP effort could be dealt a major blow with its most high profile and successful squad contemplating ditching its ART machine for 2014. The Spanish-based Aspar squad, which has dominated the CRT category with Aleix Espargaro and Randy de Puniet, confirmed in Barcelona last weekend that it is locked in talks with Yamaha about a YZR-M1 motor lease deal next...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 297 days ago (24 June 2013 09:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The point I reckon Jamie

Is Ezpeleta is slowly strangling the factories until such time prototypes will be gone and we'll just be left with a modern rehash of the 1970's.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Just break their necks

And be done with it. The sport needs a stable formula and set of rules NOW so why don't they just get on with it? This gradual inching towards how it's going to be doesn't make great viewing from my armchair.

Nowt wrong with the 1970s by the way...

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Politics old boy

If only the world was so clear cut. A bit of horse trading and Japanese face saving to go through first. I think we'll end up with a more satisfying product short/ medium term. One agreeable to all parties but Casey Stoner. But then he doesn't really count anymore does he!

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Maybe not today ;-)

Do you know the score with the proddie Honda i.e does your money allow you to keep and own the bike? If so then there may be some salvation. While it's probably not cheap to get Cosworth or Lotus or someone to pop some pneumatic valves into your RCV it is possible and opens the door to the theory that privateers could take on the factories and compete on a more equal footing.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle