Skip to content

TRIUMPH Staff Blog: In search of confidence STREET TRIPLE R

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > STREET TRIPLE R > Staff Blog: In search of confidence

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Tony Hoare  says:

Staff Blog: In search of confidence

I’ve started to try and get to the bottom of the confidence issue I reported in the paper last week, which has left me with chicken strips on the Street Triple R’s Pirelli tyres. First step was to order some Dunlop Sportsmart tyres. I’m not blaming my drained  confidence on the standard Pirelli Diablo Corsas - but I’ve never ridden on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 June 2013 18:02)

Post a message in STREET TRIPLE R

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mjf65

Feb 03

mjf65 says:

Suspension settings?

Are you sure you have got your sag settings right? The static sag just checks the spring rates to get it set up properly you need to set it up with you on it. My speed triple was way off on standard setting, too much preload on the front and too soft on the rear, now set up with 30mm front and 35mm rear as I only ride on the the road it's like a different bike, soaks up the worst of my local roads, turns in quicker and handles a treat, love it!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Lean angle

is merely the result of speed and cornering radius (for a given body position), so to get more lean in the corners you just have to brake later.

Of course, the mental block to carrying more speed into the corner is one many of us struggle with, due to the fear of crashing.

Reply to this Topic
TonyHoare

Jun 13

TonyHoare says:

Piglet2010, thanks for the tip. I'll try that with my line of sight next time I'm out on the Triumph.

mjf65, thanks for your feedback too. I've been advised in the past by Maxton Suspension that rider sag is a bit of a blind alley as preload doesn't make suspension any harder or softer (merely longer or shorter). But I will try reducing the preload as part of my experiment and see how I get on.

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

Demons?

Tony you know what to do, its just doing it, build up  the speed on corners you know, get the right body position and it happens. Good luck mate, I have twice been taken out from behind ( thats taken out,....not taken) and 5 years after the last one I still dont like anyone near my back wheel. We ride bikes for hundreds of different reasons, but pleasure and fun are the main ones, just enjoy your riding and those strips will just get thiner all by themselves. Its when you loose them on your front tyres you know your pushing it.

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

The Pirelli's...

my 2012 TriplyR came on were rubbish,had no confidence in them and after having the front move a few times when cornering swapped them for a set of Roadsmarts at 800miles.Transformed the bike and was chicken strip free with them on.No longer have the bike,ridiculous service costs and couldn't care less,ignorant Triumph dealers meant it had to go.Oh yeah,and it went into "get you home"mode for no reason,twice in 1,800miles,was charged for remap the first time even though it was under warranty and the second time was told"bring it back in a couple of weeks and we'll see if we can fit it in".Triumph dealers.Arseholes,not met one i'd reccomend. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices