Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Ducati 1198-engined Monster spied New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Exclusive: Ducati 1198-engined Monster spied

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Exclusive: Ducati 1198-engined Monster spied

Ducati is just months away from unleashing the most powerful Monster ever produced. Exclusive photographs of the new 2014 model clearly show it’s powered by Ducati’s 1198cc water-cooled V-twin motor, likely to deliver over 150bhp. This heralds the first significant reworking of the Monster range since the current model range was unveiled in 2008 and will be the most powerful Monster since...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 June 2013 14:44)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

monster by name....

Am I the only one in the biking world who thinks the Monster looks like something a fifth year CSE Design student put together in his lunch break...( If you don't know what a CSE was then ask a grown up) they are really ugly. Monster by name monster by nature.

Reply to this Topic
greybeard51

Jun 13

greybeard51 says:

Who cares what monstrosity Ducati produce?

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Monster mash.......

Why have Ducati decided to bring out yet another Monster when they had one already in the guise

of the DIAVEL?

I mean who names a bike after Auld Nick?  should have been monster S.

Simple, corporate greed, to fill the coffers of the share holders.

About time they designed another sports tourer, bring back the ST series, this time with ground clearance and a lower price tag.......

Reply to this Topic
tim8061

Apr 10

tim8061 says:

It's brilliant

that they give you a van to recover it in when it breaks down :)

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

Ducati?

Can't say I've ever seriously considered buying a Ducati. Yes the 916 looked beautiful, and the monsters look like good town bikes, but the thought of a complex, expensive to service engine with dodgy electrics doesn't exactly float my boat. To me they're bikes for those who can afford to have them as a garage ornament or bike for sunny Sunday rides, not day in day out workhorse.    Or is this just my  (mis)perception?

Reply to this Topic
RideTheLightening

Aug 12

1198 Monster

I owned an 1100Evo when they first came out.. and although in my opinion it wasnt a bad looking bike (but physically too small).. it had a few fatal flaws... It was lumpy and poorly geared for town use.. the vibrations were far more than characterful...they were terrible... and in my opinion... the motor was over-tuned... which meant it was only fun when you were giving it a handful..very poor at low speeds...if this is supposed to be a naked town machine... you are not going to be able to use all that power.. (in town) and as someone already said... the Diavel (great bike to ride..ugly to look at) is its direct competitor... pointless...and probabily very expensive... had a monster... never again... no matter what engine you shoehorn in it.  Ducati has its focus wrong...what next an 1199 panagale engined monster?  hmmmm theres an idea!

Reply to this Topic
SDRider

Jun 13

SDRider says:

I own a Monster 1100 EVO, bought it new in June 2011, and I have almost 13,000 miles on it.  It does run lean stock to meet Euro emissions and it is geared tall, too tall IMO.  Still, that's something a 14T front sprocket can cure with 30 minutes labor for less than $50.  The lean fueling can be addressed with a Termi slip-on kit and some minor tweaking.

I've been riding for almost 10 years, have owned Japanese bikes (naked bikes mostly) but wanted something different, something unique.  I have to say, the Ducati is that and it has been a great bike.  I love riding it, love the attention it gets, love the sounds it makes and it has never left me stranded and the dealership experience has been nothing but positive.  I take my bike in to the dealer I bought it from and I have had some minor issues with it that have been fixed under warranty.  Show me a Japanese bike dealership that will toss you the keys to an MV Agusta Brutale 1090R demo model when you stop in because your starter motor is making a strange noise and you have to leave it.  Hell, show me a Japanese bike dealer that will let you even ride a bike before buying it...

I'm a Ducati fan for life.  Can't wait to see this new liquid cooled Monster personally and then take the demo model for a ride. 

Reply to this Topic
oabc005

Jul 13

oabc005 says:

www.luckygrip.com

Hello, everybody, the good shopping place, the new season approaching, click in. Let’s Face lift bar! ====accept credit card = = = = = { }=== Air Jordan (1-24) shoes $35 UGG BOOT $50 Nike sh ox (R 4, NZ, OZ, T L 1, TL 2, TL 3) $35 Han bags ( Coach L v fen d i D&G) $35

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices