Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo surprised with 50% win rate MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo surprised with 50% win rate

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo surprised with 50% win rate

Reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo says he didn’t expect to have won half of the opening six races of the 2013 MotoGP world championship. The Spaniard heads into this weekend’s legendary Dutch TT at Assen on the crest of a wave after winning successive races in Mugello and Catalunya. Back-to-back dominant victories in Italy and Barcelona have seen the factory Yamaha rider...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 June 2013 14:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

fight till the end Lorenzo.! take that 3rd title. Hope Rossi realy can improve and wil be up there too.

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

mmmmm...

"Sure it will be really hard because Dani and Marc (Marquez) are really strong, fast and consistent. But after the test in Jerez we improved the bike and now I think we improved a little bit more. I am happy that we improve in Jerez first and also in the last races.”

No mention of his teammate there....

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Engine woes ahead ?

The only thing I'd be worried about in Lorenzo's shoes is engine useage Yamaha are aw already on engine no 4 of 5 allocated. Rossi Lorenzo & crutchlow already have an engine each in observation if they break the seals on them it's starting from pit lane time .

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Not much you can say about JL he is easily the best rider in MotoGP.

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

GATT

the greatest at this time without doubt IMO.... Although as with all "greats" it is not a permanent status.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

he shouldnt be surprised

despite all the blithering on here by certain apologists, who continually moan about Honda superiority, a 50% win rate clearly shows just how good Lorenzo and the Yamaha have been thus far. Assen is a happy hunting ground for the duo, i wouldnt be surprised if Jlo extends his win streak..

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

He isn't a great, no one is really in Moto GP because there hasn't been much competition due to the bikes. When you look at Rossi, he isn't really that good, he won championships with no competition, was basically the Schumacher of Moto GP. Moto GP needs to get to where F1 is today, Vettel is a great, he has beaten 4/5 other drivers who are all great and could be in the chance for the win. Moto GP is boring, Lorenzo is boring, Rossi dominated a period where the riders sucked, now the talent has increased, he isn't so good. Stoner is the better rider, he is way faster than Rossi, Lorenzo is a better rider than Rossi, even Marc and Ped are, Cal is faster than Rossi now... Moto GP needs to get to a place where the electronics do not dominate the bike, F1 got rid of traction control and other shit, Moto GP needs to do the same, maybe get Pirelli on board too. Tbh if riders like rossi want to moan about tyres, fuck them, the cream rises.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Justbe

I think you should maybe stick to F1 if you think a two time motogp winner is boring and isn't a great. Old 40 year old Biaggi just waltzed over to WSBK and won two titles. Don't tell me any of these guys in motogp suck.

As for Vettel? Well he's doing exactly what Schumacher did, winning in the best car. Although I don't see Vettel switching cars for a new challenge, do you? No, so not as good as Schumacher, or Rossi.

Tbh, if you want to post these piss poor moans about motogp, "fuck off" I say.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Obviously

a huge bike racing fan??!!?? imo they are all great because I am as sure as f*ck that you can't even ride a pushbike as good as these guys. Now go back to hanging around Mcdonalds in your modded honda civic F1 boi.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

JustBe

You started okay when you said Lorenzo wasn't a great because he really has only had 2 people able to challenge him for the title since 2010. But clearly you weren't watching MotoGP during the 990 era otherwise you would know how much more competitive it was back then. Honda, Yamaha, Ducati, Suzuki, Kawasaki, even Kenny Roberts with his own bike, got on the podium. The leaders then had much more to deal with then than they do now, just shows you how good Rossi was, and his performances nowadays aren't because the others are better, it is because of what he's had to deal with at Ducati. One last thing, here's the list of podium finishers from 2012: Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Stoner, Rossi, Dovizioso, Crutchlow, Bautista, Nakasuga; and here's the list of podium finishers from 2006: Capirossi, Pedrosa, Hayden, Rossi, Melandri, Stoner, Edwards, Kenny Roberts JR, Nakano, Vermeulen, Elias and Troy Bayliss.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices