Skip to content

Discuss This If you could resurrect an old icon and buy it new again – which bike would you choose? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > If you could resurrect an old icon and buy it new again – which bike would you choose?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

If you could resurrect an old icon and buy it new again – which bike would you choose?

A few years ago, a RD350 with zero miles on the clock went under the hammer on eBay for almost £18,000. Silly money, or a bargain at double the price? If you could resurrect any classic bike from history, buy it new, and stick it in your garage, what would it be?    

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 June 2013 15:04)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Providing it wasn't silly money, then a Benelli 750-6, a silver one like the one I bought in 1978. It was hugely unreliable but looked great and sounded fantastic and after all these years, I have more experience which would help me maintain it and keep it on the road. Those pipes took a lot of cleaning, but it was a labour of love!

Reply to this Topic
onitssidechris

Jun 10

A 1995 Triumph Speed Triple 900. What a bike!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Suzuki

RGV 250M (VJ22). Had a black one in 1991 when I was 18. Wet dream on wheels.

Reply to this Topic
comfysofa

Apr 13

comfysofa says:

TDR250 for me was the boy - the most fun bike ive ever had - regularly used to go from Bristol up to chelsea bridge and heston services on friday nights. Skimmed head, knife edged air ports, gutted front pipes and DEP tails, good for 125.

Saying that ive just bought my first restoration/bit of therapy - a 22year old zxr 400 thats been under a sheet for the last 10 years. Should be interesting....

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Honda CBX-6

Would have to be the Honda CBX1000-6 for me. Six into two, decent mag wheels and a frame that did not hinge at the swingarm and headstock would be essential but what an engine and presence. A true icon.

Reply to this Topic
JusPlaynBob

Mar 13

JusPlaynBob says:

1985 Kawasaki ZL900 "Eliminator".

First of the Power Cruisers, and arguably the Coolest.
With the what, in it's day, was considered to be a Big Fat rear tire, the "Eliminator" changed forever what a motorcycle was supposed to look like.

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

DUCATI DARMAH

With an SS fairing, for its bevel engine.

Reply to this Topic
js70062

Jan 13

js70062 says:

Kawasaki H2 Mach IV

Bring back the "widowmaker".

Reply to this Topic
Nsvane

Jun 13

Nsvane says:

Honda CB400F

Without a doubt the best old bike I've owned.

Reply to this Topic
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

CB125T1

Had a Honda CB125 T1 way back before restriction 22bhp 87mph lovely 2 into 1 pipe... alas it was stolen for exhaust pipe... Exhaust was worth £350 back in 1987 which was about the same price as the 1980 Honda cost me. I'd love to see one in top condition again... Bloody Linda chalker she pushed 125cc into the dark ages with her meddling...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices