Skip to content

Discuss This If you could resurrect an old icon and buy it new again – which bike would you choose? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > If you could resurrect an old icon and buy it new again – which bike would you choose?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

If you could resurrect an old icon and buy it new again – which bike would you choose?

A few years ago, a RD350 with zero miles on the clock went under the hammer on eBay for almost £18,000. Silly money, or a bargain at double the price? If you could resurrect any classic bike from history, buy it new, and stick it in your garage, what would it be?    

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 June 2013 15:04)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pacman1967

Mar 13

pacman1967 says:

1991 Suzuki RGV 250

First model with USD forks and "Banana" swing arm. Beautiful.

I had the Kawasaki KR1 but my eye was taken by the RGV and I still want one. 

I'd also have a Yamaha TDR 250, again, in black and Yellow. Loved that bike.

2 Stroke is to smile :)

Reply to this Topic
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

Yup, me too

Yamaha TDR250 in black/red/purple. Wish I'd never sold it and cryo stored it instead ready for thawing now. We'll never see the like again thanks to the delicate police. Same goes for my FZX750 Fazer which some oik stole from me. I'd like it back in the perfect condition it was in that dark night.

Reply to this Topic
dkbunny

Nov 10

dkbunny says:

HONDA VFR400 NC24

i totally loved mine wish i had never got rid of it HRC colours and an akrapovic can what a sound i want another one

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Iconic bike

For me it would be the 2001 Honda NSR500. The RC30, and Brough Superior would also be good options.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Honda Spree

What else?

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

SundayRoast

This guy found a Honda CBX that had never been run.

www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-japanese-motorcycles/1981-honda-cbx.aspx#axzz2XI39Spm3

Reply to this Topic
sportbikesi

Jun 13

sportbikesi says:

the mad

TL1000S ok it's not that old when compared to the likes of an RD, XT500 etc... but its still a 1997 bike making it 16 years old.

When I first saw one I was 16 and smoking around on my scooter, one very loudly (and quickly) overtook me and it made me jump (my mate behind me on his scooter was laughing his A*$E off) anyway from that moment I knew I wanted one and a few years ago I had a spare few quid and got an old dog TL1000S as a second bike and if im honest, I loved it, out of all the bikes I've had that one put the biggest grin on my face (and very oddly, it's a bike that should have killed me but it's the only bike I've ever been able to get my knee down while riding)

Unfortunately it was too much of an old dog and I only had it 4 months. The engine was rattling (i'm sure I only had con rods banging around in the cylinders with no pistons lol), fork seals had gone, sticky rear calliper and swing arm bearings so I got rid of it and ever since I've been checking the net looking for a perfect well loved low mileage used one or if I can find one of those odd bikes that's been sat in a shop and never registered. So in conclusion, if I could buy any bike new, that would be the one.

Reply to this Topic
sportbikesi

Jun 13

sportbikesi says:

OR

purely for looks the ZX7R in green and black (not the earlier purple and green)

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

I was a bit..

..disappointed thinking I could choose "any" or "an" old iconic motorcycle only to see a short list which to choose from. While those on the list hold a sweet spot for many it's not necessarily my short list. I felt short changed. My first thought was how cool would it be to have a modern day BSA that carried with it all that the mark was known for (except for the pool of oil beneath) but with modern components. But I fear to install too much of the old would keep potential buyers away today. To bring forward less of yesterday might detract? Triumph has certainly done so, it's time for some more mainline Brit bikes.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Here we go...

Laverda Jota. Guzzi Le Mans Mk1. Suzuki GT 380/550/750. Kawasaki H2 750. Honda CB 250 K4 (got me started). Van Veen OCR. Suzuki RE5. DKW 2000. Yamaha YDS7. Fantic chopper (Yes really!!!!). Malaguti Olympique. Puch Grand Prix in JPS colours. JPS Norton. Nimbus. Indian Chief or Scout. BSA DBD 34 Gold Star.  

If you don't recognise some of these, ask yer dad.  

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices