Skip to content

Discuss This If you could resurrect an old icon and buy it new again – which bike would you choose? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > If you could resurrect an old icon and buy it new again – which bike would you choose?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

If you could resurrect an old icon and buy it new again – which bike would you choose?

A few years ago, a RD350 with zero miles on the clock went under the hammer on eBay for almost £18,000. Silly money, or a bargain at double the price? If you could resurrect any classic bike from history, buy it new, and stick it in your garage, what would it be?    

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 June 2013 15:04)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Big_Boomer

Oct 05

Big_Boomer says:

Sportsbikes or dirtbikes?

I guess all other categories are not worth mentioning eh? For me, the Z1300/6, the OCR, the Z1, and the Vincent Black Prince.

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

If I was...

...resurrecting an old icon to ride, it would have to be Marilyn Monroe.

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

I guess the answer would be non of the above -  too modern ! . I went through the mill with "proper" old bikes ,along with my brothers , unreliable bikes - but very happy days . Would love to have a go on a re-made Vincent with modern hydraulic clutch ,brakes and a electric starter . Triumph have done O.K. and  the retro stuff holds it's  price , it would be great to see other  long -gone makes - return .   But I can only imagine the cost  to get where Triumph are now .

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

I guess the answer would be non of the above -  too modern ! . I went through the mill with "proper" old bikes ,along with my brothers , unreliable bikes - but very happy days . Would love to have a go on a re-made Vincent with modern hydraulic clutch ,brakes and a electric starter . Triumph have done O.K. and  the retro stuff holds it's  price , it would be great to see other  long -gone makes - return .   But I can only imagine the cost  to get where Triumph are now .

Reply to this Topic
HIVIS

Jun 13

HIVIS says:

RD359????

Face it , it is not coming back., sad but a fact of life. Too dirty and not enough mpg.

So what would take its place today? How about an Aprilia rs250 with a KTM 690 engine and gearbox. Or maybe KTM could build a sports bike around the duke 690 frame and engine?

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

Resurrection bikes...

Sounds like a group of religious bikers. No, none of those bikes. If the rose-tinted spectacles were firmly in place I'd go back even further and have a BSA A10 please, a later one with swinging arm frame. Improvements I'd like would be updated electrics and modern switchgear. Keep your Enfields and Triumphs, this was the best handling brit twin of the 'sixties and reliable with a brilliant sounding flexible pushrod motor with enough power to make the ride exciting, while being easy to maintain and repair. It was also very economical giving 60-80mpg depending on how you rode it.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Ducati Darmah Sport

My old Darmah Sport, with those gorgeous Conti silencers please. A bike that wasn't the fastest or the best handling machine but managed to make me smile every time I rode it. In the queue for the TT ferry at Liverpool it received more attention than all the jap-fours and exotica. Especially when I started it up and the fruity off-beat exhaust note began.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Van Veen OCR1000

The Wankel.... The only one worth having.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Duh

Greeves Sportsman of course.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN