Skip to content

Discuss This Lotus has long been known to mean 'Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious' in the car world, but would you buy a new 200bhp Lotus road bike? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Lotus has long been known to mean 'Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious' in the car world, but would you buy a new 200bhp Lotus road bike?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Lotus has long been known to mean 'Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious' in the car world, but would you buy a new 200bhp Lotus road bike?

Iconic British sportscar brand Lotus is gearing up to build a 200bhp motorcycle which will use Formula One technology and will be built by a car racing team Kodewa and designed by the man who designed the Tron Lightcycle. But, with their sometimes shoddy reputation in the car world - will the new bike be a masterpiece of engineering and design,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 June 2013 15:09)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davetrousers

Aug 02

davetrousers says:

Too early to tell

Quite simply it is far too early to tell!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Maybe not a matter

of expensive and unreliable. Perhaps more a case of expensive and unrideable.

Reply to this Topic
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

Wait and See

Lotus have no experience of bikes, the great Colin Chapman is dead and they are a pale shadow without him.

Reply to this Topic
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

Wait and See

Lotus have no experience of bikes, the great Colin Chapman is dead and they are a pale shadow without him.

Reply to this Topic
js70062

Jan 13

js70062 says:

ideology fail

Chapman always said "simplify, then add lightness". Engines were almost an afterthought once he'd got the chassis right.

A lotus belongs on a winding 'a' road, not a drag strip. If they want to build a bike that is a proper lotus then it needs to be all about the handling, not a headline bhp figure.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Has this article won an award for the longest headline? Anyway, give us a lot more information before we can make a decision.

Reply to this Topic
Robell

Aug 02

Robell says:

Never mind price or reliability.

The first question is availability and the second is ability

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

another silly thread.

yes, MCN is a tabloid and like all tabloids it has to make a fool of itself at least 3 times a week.

car brands making one-off concept bikes are old news.  nothing wrong with it and they certainly don't deserve such bashing by this rag.

when a known brand pays attention to two-wheels is always good news for us, no matter the final outcome.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/photos/tomohawk.jpg

http://images.gizmag.com/hero/audi_848_motorrad_roadster_concept_motorcycle.jpg

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

sorry, image replacement.

this was the image that's blocked below.

http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2006/09/08/chrysler_tomahawk_v10_motorcycle.jpg

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

I just don't see the point, for the road you want a bike made for the road. Sports bikes are completely pointless, you cannot use them to their full potential, their power is in the top end, they use lots more petrol and are uncomfortable. Get a sports bike for a track day, however you only ever track day a few times a year, so really why spend loads of money? You're always pushing on a track day and pushing the limits of your ability, you will crash. I just think I'm going to buy a commuter bike, like a GPZ500S to go to work on each day because it costs £1000, uses barely any petrol and never needs maintenance. Then I have my fun bike which is a Supermoto which gives you the confidence to do anything on because it feels like a mountain bike. Then I have my sports bike for the track, however I wont spend a lot of money on it because I've crashed it on track days, like a GSXR 750 2002.. I mean if you're a millionaire and want to waste money, then great, buy a 200bhp brand new bike, however it doesn't make you look kool and you wont have fun on it because you're too scared to crash it and usually people who own these bikes cannot ride for shit, just posers. After track days though it changed my perspective, I cannot ride my GSXR on the road anymore, it made me realise how wasted it is. What is funny though is I only did a 2:45 rounder silverstone on it (only been once) but that's like 45 seconds slower than moto gp lol...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices