Skip to content

Discuss This Lotus has long been known to mean 'Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious' in the car world, but would you buy a new 200bhp Lotus road bike? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Lotus has long been known to mean 'Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious' in the car world, but would you buy a new 200bhp Lotus road bike?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Lotus has long been known to mean 'Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious' in the car world, but would you buy a new 200bhp Lotus road bike?

Iconic British sportscar brand Lotus is gearing up to build a 200bhp motorcycle which will use Formula One technology and will be built by a car racing team Kodewa and designed by the man who designed the Tron Lightcycle. But, with their sometimes shoddy reputation in the car world - will the new bike be a masterpiece of engineering and design,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 June 2013 15:09)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Now You Are Making Sense

@ JustBe - Agreed about sport-bikes (at least if you mean race replicas) being terrible road bikes, but I would not mind riding something like a Ninja 650 with its sport-touring riding postion and moderately powerful engine on the street.

Cheap bikes for the track are good too - right now I am using a Ninja 250 which can be found in good condition for $2,000-2,500 here in the US - less money to replace one than to fix a low-side fall on a Panigale.

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

let me think for a moment....

err no.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

It won't be made by Lotus though

It'll be a Lotus branded bike built in someone else's shed, and sold for "if you have to ask" dollah to the likes of Tom Cruise and Chris Evans so that they can ride it round their grounds once then have their butler park it up with the rest of their collection.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

I would imagine that this bike, if it ever got built, would appeal to those with enough money to buy it purely to say "I've got one". The sort that buy expensive sports cars yet can't drive it to anything like its full potential. Yet another ethereal irrelevance in an age where money, for most normal people, is as tight as a masturbating taxman's hand.

Remember - he who dies with most toys still dies.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Now let me see........

...........Hesketh, Norton, Lotus? Yes that sounds about right. I wouldn't buy one because I don't have money to waste on such as these. Am I sounding cynical? I don't mean to, maybe it's my age.

Reply to this Topic
ctw2450

Jul 13

ctw2450 says:

lotus road bike

Why not, MV Agusta and BMW both began as aviation companies, and Yamaha began with pianos.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices