Skip to content

Ask an Expert Yamaha YBR125 + Cyclone V2 Immobilizer/Alarm Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Yamaha YBR125 + Cyclone V2 Immobilizer/Alarm

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

prc175079

Jun 13

prc175079 says:

Yamaha YBR125 + Cyclone V2 Immobilizer/Alarm

I have an '06 plate Yamaha YBR125 and have just paid a professional fitter to install the Cyclone V2 alarm/immobilizer on my bike.

I'm very happy with the fitting and everything works absolutely fine EXCEPT the remote start.

For some reason the key still has to be in the igntion and in the ON position for the remote function to work which is obviously kind of pointless.

Not sure if this has been an oversight on his part but he claims to have tried multiple different solutions with no success.

Has anyone had a similar experience and managed to solve it at all? It's main purpose is for starting the bike while I'm getting geared up on colder mornings so the heated grips are ready to go! :laugh:

Any advice is gratefully received!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 June 2013 20:31)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Remote start

As the ignition switch is the main power on/off to your bike I don't see that any after-market system would be able to offer remote start unless your bike is already switched on.  Purely from a safety point of view its not a good idea to be able to start any machine with the steering lock still on! 

I might be possible for a manufacturer to fit such a system if it was an integral part of the bikes electrical system and in the design brief from day one but I think the remote unit on your Cyclone alarm will remain nothing other than a novelty trick.  

Reply to this Topic
prc175079

Jun 13

prc175079 says:

Sorted!

Marcus,

I've now figured out the problem - turns out this particular bike had a built-in device which needed bypassing with a resistor setup :) Remote start now work perfectly.

It's worth noting that the remote start ONLY works in Neutral and the second it kicks out of neutral without the key in the ignition the bike just cuts out.

My thinking behind this is that on colder days I can get the bike warmed up while im inside the house getting geared up so its ready to go when I am :) lol

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Remote start

So you can start your bike with the ignition switch off and the steering lock on?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices