Skip to content

Discuss This Is Ducati's new 1198 Monster the perfect road bike? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Is Ducati's new 1198 Monster the perfect road bike?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Is Ducati's new 1198 Monster the perfect road bike?

Ducati is just months away from unleashing the most powerful Monster ever produced. Exclusive photographs of the new 2014 model clearly show it’s powered by Ducati’s 1198cc water-cooled V-twin motor, likely to deliver over 150bhp. But is 150bhp too much power for a naked bike? Will it make the Ducati the perfect bike, or an unrideable beast?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 June 2013 09:19)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sportbikesi

Jun 13

sportbikesi says:

YES

Please, i'll have one as long as I had the money and they design a good looking exhaust, you cant beat the noise of a twin

Reply to this Topic
sportbikesi

Jun 13

sportbikesi says:

and

as long as it's a wet clutch I don't like the rattle of a duc with a dry clutch

Reply to this Topic
MudDoctor

Mar 10

MudDoctor says:

The BMW K1300R

has more than 150 BHP, so it's not exactly moving the game on for the Ducati to have the same.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

MD

but the duc is a twin..

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Does this mean the Streetfighter is for the chop?

Reply to this Topic
sportbikesi

Jun 13

sportbikesi says:

i would

Assume that if this monster goes into production they'll probably discontinue the street fighter S. I cant see them selling that many streetfighters anyway because they're quite expensive and the smaller one looks the same, goes well and is a hell of a lot cheaper. Hopefully this 1198 monster will be cheaper then the streetfighter

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Showing it being wheeled into/out of the back of a van? Is this whats known as a Freudian slip?

Reply to this Topic
Zoiks

Dec 11

Zoiks says:

Not if the tank is as pitiful as the current models

The current Monster 1100 has a 13.5ltr tank. That is properly pathetic for a bike that probably doesn't have the best fuel consumption figures in the world. If this one is the same then you'll know for sure this is not an attempt at making a bike for the road, more making one for the Milan café.

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

power

150 bhp seems a lot but KTM are putting out a new Superduke with 180, BMW are looking at the 1000rr with flat bars, and already have the K1300r,  I hope triumph takes note as the Speed tripple is getting on and it seems we have a insatiable appetite for horses, I just hope its not all in the last 10% of the rev range, Also please could we have realistic size fuel tanks , as Zoiks say how far can you go on 13-5lts

Reply to this Topic
Danny456D

Nov 12

Danny456D says:

Nice to have excess berries and not need them, than to need more berries and not have them. Cant see the problem with having 'too much' power.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices