Skip to content

Discuss This Video: 2013 Suzuki Hayabusa first ride New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Video: 2013 Suzuki Hayabusa first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: 2013 Suzuki Hayabusa first ride

With ABS and Brembo brakes finally addressing a major issue with Suzuki's Hayabusa for 2013, MCN's Adam Child unleashed the 1300cc beast on Bruntingthorpe runway to see what it can do. brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 299 days ago (26 June 2013 09:25)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

The big problem with the bike isnt the brakes, it's how big and ugly it looks. Kind of like a bit pile of melted marshmellows. It can be as fast as it wants, there's no way it will make you smile when you look at it before going for a ride...

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

What we have here, is a video about brakes :winkie:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

Marmite.

Respect your opinion speedo007 but disagree on this occasion.

I've always liked the looks of them. I can see why people wouldn't but I just like the fact it's different to anything else. I guess you could say it's different because it's hideous so why would someone want their bike to look similar but I genuinely think it looks pretty cool and is better looking for being unique.

I also don't think the design has dated compared to so many other jap bikes, especially considering it's a Suzuki as their design department hasn't turned up since the 2006 GSXR600/750 in my opinion.

Guess you pay your money and take your choice.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

At last its the bike it always should have been trouble is I have now passed fifty and for me this bike gets big speed way to easy its a shame really because the white one looks ace.

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

ugly or what?

Gawd, if you threw up over that thing it could only make it look better

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

You aren't going to miss it though

You can pass a dozen CBGSZXRRRRrrr bikes and not be able to identify them, but nobody's going to mistake a Hayabusa for anything else.

Reply to this Topic
Never too old!!!

Feb 08

Busa

Got to disagree with the ugly comments I'm afraid. It's got character and stands out in the crowd. Blackbird and ZZR both look ordinary where the Busa is distintive! I am on my third one now and can't see myself changing to anything else.

Reply to this Topic
AFKAN

Apr 07

AFKAN says:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

...Damn right, looks even a Mother couldn't love.  There's no denying the Busa's an exceptional bit of kit and with them finally sorting the brakes it's likely to make quite a few people sit up and take notice.  However, for me, there's just no getting away from the facts that 1) The Ugly Tree is very very high indeed and 2) That bike managed to hit every single branch on it's way down.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Thanks Adam for making it sound so fucking boring.

A little more comment on how the brakes performed rather than just slightly more than no comments would have been good and certainly more useful.

MCN are way off the pace considering they are already discussing the new 2015 Busa in the US.

Keep up lads!! Too slowwwww........

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Hayabusa.

What a peculiar "test". Suzuki provide a  runway and a fleet of new Hayabusas which are unchanged except for the brakes, and the journalists just play. Curse my old careers officer if this is a job. Where's the science, the diagnostics, the demonstration of stopping distance?  In contrast, RideApart's review on real roads questions the feel of the new brakes, calling them "soft and squishy." It also echoes forum comments here about the bike being far more ubiquitous than a plain drag-strip winner.

When I first saw a Hayabusa I wondered what Suzuki were thinking but I'll admit it has a functional beauty which doesn't age.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle