Skip to content

Discuss This Video: 2013 Suzuki Hayabusa first ride New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Video: 2013 Suzuki Hayabusa first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: 2013 Suzuki Hayabusa first ride

With ABS and Brembo brakes finally addressing a major issue with Suzuki's Hayabusa for 2013, MCN's Adam Child unleashed the 1300cc beast on Bruntingthorpe runway to see what it can do. brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 June 2013 09:25)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I reckon Suzuki could earn good money if they put 2 Hayabusa's on the market. 1 the normal one, and 2 one with an extended rear fork. Seen quite a few Busa's here in Rotterdam/Holland with extended rear forks. It's sort of a subculture here with people from Aruba and Curacau. It's pretty cool to see them riding on roundabouts. That 1300 Suzuki engine must be bulletproof, as people legally or illegally drag race them. They fit Turbo's that help it to 400 bhp and more often than not, they keep running. About the looks? I hate Busa's in pictures and on video's. But saw one up close at the local bike shop with a Yoshi system, and it looked sweet!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Yaki!!!

You're 50 and its too fast for you??? Shame on you. I have a friend who is 77 and his Busa has 120,000 miles on the clock! Yes, done by him, and still going. Anyway, isn't it possible to buy Brembo brakes as an aftermarket fitment and save yourself the cost of a new bike? I'll bet someone has done it! Over to you Snev, you are our resident Busa expert!!!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

carloslavado

It seems like every other 'Busa in the USA has an extended swingarm.

Funny thing - I have seen more BMW F650/G650s at track days than 'Busas.

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

SatNavSteve I did not say this bike is to fast for me I said it gets speed to easy,just like all addicts I try to keep away from my own particular drug,I have had over thirty years ridding fast bikes and I just do not want to push my luck anymore and as much as I like this bike I would not buy one for this reason,maybe your 77 year old friend has more self control than most,good luck to him.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

james600zx, I couldn't agree more.

What happened to the reports we used to get with some useful rider data and technical comments? On the issue of fitting Brembo's and ABS, this is a token upgrade I reckon before the new Busa in 2015?

As for other posters comments:

The people who ride and know Busa's can tell you there are better ways of improving braking, by fitting braided lines and wavey discs with some bite and a set of Pazzo levers. The method for the more technically competent is to fit GSXR1000 USD forks with radial brakes.

I was one of the first in the UK to have a 1999 Busa and overnight I found people stopped waving and most riders adopted a stance of rank jealousy. 5 Busa's down the line and I still see the same shit talked by the people who haven't had one and never will. As for ugly, well I don't notice too much sat on it while overtaking.

I was at the 10 year celebration at The Pod and the longevity of this model is testimony to its huge popularity. We just ignore the jealousy.

Buy one, own one, rag the tits off it, or STFU.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Take a quick look at a Gen 1, Hayabusa top speed in each gear on standard sprockets:

1st Gear : 77mph

2nd gear : 104mph

3rd gear : 132moh

4th gear : 157 mph

5th gear : 178 mph

6th gear : 194 mph

Change the sprockets and it will do over 200 mph through the timing lights. People know nothing till they've had one and ridden it properly. When you take it out and keep the revs above 5000 rpm is when you learn the full potential. Go and try one ?  Can buy one for less than £3k.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Hello...

I know it's Ugly....but it really don't matter.... Seriously fellas....The Busa is all about how it rides, how it goes and how it makes you feel. Granted the Kawasaki ZZR1400 is probably a bit Quicker...but it ain't no BUSA... Oh and yes I have owned and ridden Both. Hosbusa is spot on... the gen 1 Busa is a very quick machine and in it's unrestricted form, was THE quickest ever.... Then Suzuki gave it an extra 24 BHP, slipper cluch and ermmmm.... Brakes that worked.... Look up MCN's review in which the new brakes were described in much the same way as the above report...!!!!! The Gen 2 Busa is pretty much the pinnacle of Japanese achievement.Some of us actually Know it......so many others ...can only make stupid comments.....

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

About Time.

Chad said that for such a high powered bike it's very important to have good brakes and he's correct of course. I loved my old 2003 High Abuser but it had the sort of brakes that could give heart-stopping moments rather than bike-stopping ones, especially if you'd recently ridden some other bike. That's not to say they didn't work, they just needed a much firmer grip before they did and they lacked the sensitivity which is crucial for a bike like this. 

Suzuki Hayabusa welcome to the world of the Kawasaki ZZR1400. By the way a stock Hayabusa, even an unrestricted one, has never topped 200mph. They need a pipe and a Power Commander at the very least. People who say otherwise don't know what they're talking about.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Yes Bob...

But the 08 Gen 2 busa gained the same Brakes as the o7/08 Gixer thou... oh and about 24bhp more which invited Kawasaki to "up the game" with the ZZR1400, which has never gone above 200mph without the sort of mods you have applied to your own 200mph bikes. The Third attempt by Kawasaki has closer gearing which makes it very slightly quicker to it's restricted top speed of about 186 which my 06 ZZR1400 achieved. Having owned and ridden both, I would agree that there is little difference in ultimate speed but the Busa is the legend and the ZZR.....the also ran...IMHO. My original 08 Busa had Stacks, Pipe, Filter, P.C.3, Gearing and T.R.E. oh and a little bit of Crescent magic. 44000 miles on the road....and still going or so I Hear.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Wrong Snev

I have to correct you Snev. Last year at the British National Records meeting Kawasaki's Craig Watson, on a completely stock ZZR1400 2012 model with only the speed restriction removed, went 197.60 mph in a standing start mile and 203.72 mph in 1.4 miles. Then he removed the mirrors and upped the gearing to run 201.16 in the mile and 207.12 mph in 1.4 miles. Something never achieved on a Busa. 

Don't get me wrong, I do like them, at that records meeting I was pit crew for a Busa which went 242 in a mile and also set a new record for the flying quarter but currently my own LSR bike is a Kawasaki.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices