Skip to content

Discuss This Video: 2013 Suzuki Hayabusa first ride New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Video: 2013 Suzuki Hayabusa first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: 2013 Suzuki Hayabusa first ride

With ABS and Brembo brakes finally addressing a major issue with Suzuki's Hayabusa for 2013, MCN's Adam Child unleashed the 1300cc beast on Bruntingthorpe runway to see what it can do. brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 June 2013 09:25)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Bob 1, you are right with a pipe and power commander, a stock"ish" Busa has broken the double ton. I love the big ZZR and would not shy way from having one in the garage. I have very fond memories of my derestricted and piped ZZR1100 D2. As a regular at Santa Pod, I am not sure why the track is still totally dominated by the Busa. The ZZR14 has been around a fair while, so I don't know why it isn't showing at the track.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

I was at Stratford on my Busa on a Satdee afternoon with a few bike mates and a guy showed up looking as happy as a pig in poo on a shiney 4 year old Busa. It only had 30 miles on the clock from new ! The guy had just bought it and bagged a bargain from the seller who was a local estate agent. The seller bought the bike brand new, rode it home from the dealers and cacked his pants because of the speed and power of it. He was so scared by it, he never rode the Busa again and it sat under  sheet in his garage for 4 years until this guy bought it. Yeah we lolled a lot !!!

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Hosbusa

I also don't understand why more ZZR's aren't sold and sprinted. My 2006 ZZR1400 went 205.4 at Woodbridge and that was with just a pipe and power commander, no engine work at all. It also went through the quarter at 9.84 on the Woodbridge runway while still geared up for flyers. I was amazed at that since I don't sprint much these days, I'm very out of practice and it was on an entirely un-prepped concrete surface.

I went to the Hayabusa tenth birthday bash at the Pod the other year, I was tempted to take my ZZR along but it's probably just as well I didn't because it went through the quarter quicker than any Suzuki in the same class which was there on the day. The Kawasaki seems to have a better following in the USA than here but the Hayabusa still outsells it by a margin. Funny that!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SStyloF

Oct 10

SStyloF says:

Well then..

Add a pillion to your S1000RR and go trekking around the country.. lets see how that turns out

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

Busa

Owned both version busas and the mk1 zzr1400.....as quick as the zzr is i never felt as settled on it..the suspension was too soft and the fuelling low down was awful. suzuki may not be the fastest etc but for me its the best package now...feels very solid,its comfy and now with ABS its a hoot to ride in any weather. The brembos are better brakes than the tokico but still lack bite due to the old master cylinders. on my 4th busa and no plans to look elsewhere

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

tman39a

It's well known that the early ZZR1400 was stifled low down because of the way the ecu kept the secondary butterfly's almost closed. What a pity you didn't do the best ever free modification and throw them in the trash. The bike is transformed.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Standard Busa has all sorts of emmisssions junk that make it a pig at small throttle openings. Ditching the pair valves, opening out the airbox, fitting a race 4 into 1, fitting a PowerCommander and a remap makes a sweet running bike. All the emmisssions clag they fit has to come off !

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

advertising schmaltz

Gawd!!!!     I  just love your advertising crap and particularly the muzak but will like it even more when I have had my brain removed. Last time I will look at one of your videos.

Reply to this Topic
villageidiot

Jul 10

villageidiot says:

nice bike

shame about the review !, he just kept repeating the same stuff without actually giving any worthwhile detail.

hardly worth sitting through that mind numbing advert at the start !

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices